• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

duck breast Asian flavours

moikel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2011
Girlfriend had some duck breasts in the freezer so I thought I would marinate them then smoke them.

Short turn around so I Made a marinade of white wine,orange juice & zest,ginger,garlic,sichuan pepper ,brown sugar,cloves ,cinnamon soy sauce. Will sit for 4 hours.Smoke in the MES for 2 hours. Sear skin at the end.

GF  let slip childhood memory of her Croatian mothers lightly pickled cucumbers,so I will do radish,cucumber,onion lightly pickled as a side.

moikel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2011
Smoked them for 90 minutes at 110c,then reduced the marinade in a pan,added a tab orange marmalade. It was home made but I can't remember where I got it.

I did a lightly pickled veg mix,went very well with the fattiness  of the duck.

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2013
Hey that looks lovely!!!

The flavors must be terrific!!!

Just beautiful!

Cheers! - Leah

snorkelinggirl

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 15, 2012
Your smoked marinated duck breast looks great, Mick.  I really like the sound of the marinade ingredients, sounds zesty and delicious, a good complement for the richness of the duck.

What did the inside look like...nicely medium rare I hope?  

Thanks for sharing, and have a great weekend!
Clarissa

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Creative marinade that sounds great! Well done.

Disco

moikel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2011
Girlfriend said it was the best thing I have cooked her so far! Just on medium,dash of vinegar in the  finishing sauce to cut the sweetness in the marmalade.

Its sort of a duck l'orange  but Asian.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.