Drums & Thighs (Naked in Air Fryer)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA

I think this will be the first time I’ll be doing a whole basket full of Drums & Thighs, since I started doing them “Naked”. No We aren’t Naked—The Drums & Thighs are Naked!!!
So I packed 7 Drums & 5 Thighs in one of My Wire Air Fryer Baskets, after lightly coating with olive oil.
Then after 25 minutes @ 380°, I removed the basket & coated them all with Jeff’s BBQ Sauce.
Then at 30 minutes, some were done & some weren’t, so I removed 2 Thighs that were done.
Normally They would all be done by now, but I think it was because I had them packed to tight, so I flipped the remaining pieces & coated them with Sauce again.
At 35 minutes, they were all done (170° or above).
Mrs Bear got our usual Chicken Dinner sides ready—Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken Soup for gravy, and Peas.
WE had a couple more similar meals, until there was only 2 little Drums & 1 small Thigh left, so I cut the meat off those bones, and made a Nice Dark Meat Chicken Sammy, with Sandwich Spread on the roll.
I finally found something I didn’t like with my favorite “Kraft Sandwich Spread”——Chicken!! I'll go back to Miracle Whip or Jeff's BBQ Sauce.

Note to self: Don’t pack a Basket too full. Leave room in between. It affects getting them done in the normal amount of time.

Thanks for Stopping by,

Bear

Left = 5 Thighs-----Right = 7 Drums.
IMG_4784.jpg

Packed too full, but ready to go:
IMG_4786.jpg

After 25 minutes @ 380°, remove, check Temp, and apply Jeff's BBQ Sauce:
IMG_4787.jpg

Back in & resume @ 380°:
IMG_4788.jpg

At 30 minutes, only a couple smaller pieces are done:
IMG_4789.jpg

Closer Look:
IMG_4790.jpg

Took a couple out for Supper, and put the rest back in for another 5 minutes, with Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken Gravy & Peas:
IMG_4792.jpg

Flipped & another coat of Sauce----Done at 35 minutes. Took longer than usual, because I had basket packed too full:
IMG_4793.jpg

Yummmmmm.......Closer Look:
IMG_4794.jpg

The last 3 pieces ready to cut up for a Bear Sammie:
IMG_4795.jpg

Experimenting with Sandwich Spread on Roll:
IMG_4796.jpg

Overloaded Dark-Meat Chicken Sammy: Personally I didn't like My favorite Sandwich Spread on My Chicken Sammy:
IMG_4797.jpg

Looks Good, I like the way chicken turns out in the 360
I could eat one of those sandwiches about now

Gary

That looks to be pretty darned yummy Bear, Like! I prefer mayo on my chicken sannys. RAY

Excellent, Bear! I still have the older barrel-style air fryer, but my wife cooked up some boneless, skinless naked chicken thighs cut into 1"x1" little pieces for a party for me to eat (vs. salty pizza and sausage bites), cooked them 9 minutes, then flipped them, then another 8 minutes until done! She seasoned them with black pepper, garlic powder and fresh dill! Finger foods!

Reactions: Bearcarver
Looks real nice Bear! I'm a big fan of drums and thighs. Another great cook in the air fryer!

I think this will be the first time I’ll be doing a whole basket full of Drums & Thighs, since I started doing them “Naked”. No We aren’t Naked—The Drums & Thighs are Naked!!!
So I packed 7 Drums & 5 Thighs in one of My Wire Air Fryer Baskets, after lightly coating with olive oil.
Then after 25 minutes @ 380°, I removed the basket & coated them all with Jeff’s BBQ Sauce.
Then at 30 minutes, some were done & some weren’t, so I removed 2 Thighs that were done.
Normally They would all be done by now, but I think it was because I had them packed to tight, so I flipped the remaining pieces & coated them with Sauce again.
At 35 minutes, they were all done (170° or above).
Mrs Bear got our usual Chicken Dinner sides ready—Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken Soup for gravy, and Peas.
WE had a couple more similar meals, until there was only 2 little Drums & 1 small Thigh left, so I cut the meat off those bones, and made a Nice Dark Meat Chicken Sammy, with Sandwich Spread on the roll.
I finally found something I didn’t like with my favorite “Kraft Sandwich Spread”——Chicken!! I'll go back to Miracle Whip or Jeff's BBQ Sauce.

Note to self: Don’t pack a Basket too full. Leave room in between. It affects getting them done in the normal amount of time.

Thanks for Stopping by,

Bear

Left = 5 Thighs-----Right = 7 Drums.
View attachment 435455

Packed too full, but ready to go:
View attachment 435456

After 25 minutes @ 380°, remove, check Temp, and apply Jeff's BBQ Sauce:
View attachment 435457

Back in & resume @ 380°:
View attachment 435458

At 30 minutes, only a couple smaller pieces are done:
View attachment 435459

Closer Look:
View attachment 435460

Took a couple out for Supper, and put the rest back in for another 5 minutes, with Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken Gravy & Peas:
View attachment 435461

Flipped & another coat of Sauce----Done at 35 minutes. Took longer than usual, because I had basket packed too full:
View attachment 435462

Yummmmmm.......Closer Look:
View attachment 435463

The last 3 pieces ready to cut up for a Bear Sammie:
View attachment 435464

Experimenting with Sandwich Spread on Roll:
View attachment 435466

Overloaded Dark-Meat Chicken Sammy: Personally I didn't like My favorite Sandwich Spread on My Chicken Sammy:
View attachment 435467
Looks pretty tasty, Bear! I thawed some drums yesterday for dinner tonight and was deciding how to cook them. I may try the air fryer....
I've used Cream of Mushroom soup for gravy. We always have some of that in the cupboard...

It all looks great Bear but that last shot of the chicken in the basket took my breath away. That chicken looks fantastic!! Love the dark color. Looks almost caramelized from the sauce. I'll take a couple plates please :emoji_wink:

Big LIKE!!
Robert

Brother that looks like I may be able to eat it,you know I am not a big yard bird fan.
Richie

Looks Good, I like the way chicken turns out in the 360
I could eat one of those sandwiches about now

Gary

Thank You Gary!!!
Yup Chicken & Fish are two of the AirFryer Specialties!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That looks to be pretty darned yummy Bear, Like! I prefer mayo on my chicken sannys. RAY

Thank You Ray!!
Yup---I have new preferences with Chicken Sammies:
Miracle Whip on Cold White Meat Chicken Sammies.
And Jeff's BBQ Sauce on Hot Dark Meat Sammies.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

You've become the SMF airfryer king!

You make a good point here. Quite a while ago I dubbed Bear "the undisputed king of leftovers". No question though he's much deserving of a second title, which you have designated. He's been responsible for the sale of a few thousand of those 360 air fryers and is constantly coming up with cool stuff to do with them. Ya gotta love Da Bear!!

Robert

Looks delish Bear!

Dave

Thank You Dave!!

Bear

Excellent, Bear! I still have the older barrel-style air fryer, but my wife cooked up some boneless, skinless naked chicken thighs cut into 1"x1" little pieces for a party for me to eat (vs. salty pizza and sausage bites), cooked them 9 minutes, then flipped them, then another 8 minutes until done! She seasoned them with black pepper, garlic powder and fresh dill! Finger foods!

Thank You Pops!!
I love my little Black "Power AirFryer", but I just can't put much in it.
That's a Great Idea making little Finger foods out of Boneless, skinless thighs!!!
I never thought of that---Much better than Wings too (All Bone & Skin).

Bear

You make a good point here. Quite a while ago I dubbed Bear "the undisputed king of leftovers". No question though he's much deserving of a second title, which you have designated. He's been responsible for the sale of a few thousand of those 360 air fryers and is constantly coming up with cool stuff to do with them. Ya gotta love Da Bear!!

Robert
I will always consider him the prime rib king.. Long live the king !!:emoji_sunglasses:

Looks real nice Bear! I'm a big fan of drums and thighs. Another great cook in the air fryer!

Thank You Travis!!
Love them Drums!!

Bear

Looks pretty tasty, Bear! I thawed some drums yesterday for dinner tonight and was deciding how to cook them. I may try the air fryer....
I've used Cream of Mushroom soup for gravy. We always have some of that in the cupboard...

Thank You Mose!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

\
It all looks great Bear but that last shot of the chicken in the basket took my breath away. That chicken looks fantastic!! Love the dark color. Looks almost caramelized from the sauce. I'll take a couple plates please :emoji_wink:

Big LIKE!!
Robert

Thank You Robert!!
Yup, I think I'll always give them an extra few minutes, instead of stopping at 165°.
It certainly didn't hurt the flavor, and the texture was awesome!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

You guys are going to talk me into getting one of those 360s yet. Good looking chicken. Big like.

Thank You Kruizer!!
I don't think you'd be sorry.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Brother that looks like I may be able to eat it,you know I am not a big yard bird fan.
Richie

Thank You Bro Richie!!
I never was a Chicken Fan either, until I got this Air Fryer.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky