Butterfly Drums...Thirdeye's Way

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
As coincidence would have it, yesterday I had a package of drums thawing when thirdeye thirdeye posted this thread...

Wondering what I wanted to do with mine, this was it. I butterflied them and seasoned with Morning Buzz Hot Honey Rub and back in the fridge for a couple of hours...
20231127_152535[1].jpg

Just like him, indirect heat until done...
20231127_170331[1].jpg

20231127_171855[1].jpg

I sauced mine with Kinder's Bourbon Peach and over the flames to crisp up the skin and pulled...
20231127_174002[1].jpg

Here's what I used for a rub and sauce...
20231128_070339[1].jpg

This is a great alternative for wings or drums on the grill. Thanks for the idea, TE...

Excellent work Charles. Those legs look fantastic

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
We love our wings and this looks like a great alternative. Thanks to both of you for sharing this with us. :emoji_thumbsup:

These look phenomenal! I have a bottle of that Kinders sauce in the pantry. I need to give it a try. I'm thinking skinless/ boneless thighs.

These look phenomenal! I have a bottle of that Kinders sauce in the pantry. I need to give it a try. I'm thinking skinless/ boneless thighs.
I bought the sauce at Sam's and really liked it. Was in Walmart and they had the smaller bottles on sale for $2.00 so I bought a couple more.

Funny you mention skinless/boneless thighs, I have a family pack in my freezer and was thinking the same thing...:emoji_wink:

I bought the sauce at Sam's and really liked it. Was in Walmart and they had the smaller bottles on sale for $2.00 so I bought a couple more.

Funny you mention skinless/boneless thighs, I have a family pack in my freezer and was thinking the same thing...:emoji_wink:
:emoji_laughing:I'll need to oven broil them though. Mother nature is not being too motherly here.

Looks awesome, how do you like the morning buzz rub?
Cliff, if you taste it right out of the bottle, it has some heat on the back end, but on chicken grilled, the heat is mostly gone. Actually, I wish it had a little more heat to it when grilled, but I like it for the masses...even my wife, who isn't tolerant of much heat...😃

Reactions: clifish
Cliff, if you taste it right out of the bottle, it has some heat on the back end, but on chicken grilled, the heat is mostly gone. Actually, I wish it had a little more heat to it when grilled, but I like it for the masses...even my wife, who isn't tolerant of much heat...😃
I have some ghost pepper powder that will fix that right up. - Thanks for the report on this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky