Chicken Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks and sounds good Doug.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: DougE
Almost missed this one.
Great looking sausage Doug.
I agree poultry sausage is very underrated.
MY son doesn't like casing so I'll be trying some recipes in cellulose this summer

Looks fantastic! Have not run full chicken yet but use often in a mix and think chicken thigh + skin is a PERFECT sub for veal. I get better each run but if you are intimidated with deboning it's not bad at all. Check out a few YT vids for guidance and just jump in and go for it. The bones are GREAT for stock too.

DE, Nice job on the chicken sausage, I agree with IDS about chicken being underrated in sausage making.
Thankls, CM. I'm definitely going to do this and maybe some other chicken sausages more often.
Looks and sounds good Doug.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks, Chris. They are really good if I do say so myself lol.
Almost missed this one.
Great looking sausage Doug.
I agree poultry sausage is very underrated.
MY son doesn't like casing so I'll be trying some recipes in cellulose this summer
Thanks, John. 30~31mm cellulose casings would have been a better choice for making a skinless sausage but I had the 32mm collagen laying around needing to be used up. I don't care for collagen casings. They may be fine for snack sticks, but that's about it.
Looks fantastic! Have not run full chicken yet but use often in a mix and think chicken thigh + skin is a PERFECT sub for veal. I get better each run but if you are intimidated with deboning it's not bad at all. Check out a few YT vids for guidance and just jump in and go for it. The bones are GREAT for stock too.
Thanks, zwiller. Deboning thighs isn't overly complicated, but it does take a little more futzing around than whacking up a pork shoulder to grind.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky