Chicken Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DougE

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 13, 2010
Richmond,KY
I guess you could call it a chicken parm sausage with my additions to this base recipe:

To this recipe, I add 170g shredded parmesan cheese and 40 or so grams of finely chopped sun dried tomato.

5 lb. of deboned, skin on chicken thighs, skin and all for the fat content
1708989894396.png

Par frozen and run through an 8mm plate
1708989971813.png

Chilled down again and run through a 4.5mm plate
1708990085829.png

1708990211343.png

In goes the spice blend
1708990298053.png

Parm
1708990352279.png

Mixed up until really tacky
1708990439683.png

At this point I put it in the fridge over night to let the flavors meld.

For me, I would have just stuffed these in hog casings as a fresh sausage but made these for the wife and she does not like any casings on sausage.

Cellulose would have been the best choice but I had some 32mm collagen casings that I needed to waste, so that's what I went with.
1708990912945.png

Poached them naked in sous vide at 155° until the IT got there (the collagen get kind of mushy and sticky directly in the pot, but it works).
1708991073405.png

Customary cut shot
1708991184990.png

Peeled, packaged up and ready for the freezer.
1708991246112.png

Attachments

• 1708990417866.png
    1708990417866.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Haven't started making sausage yet but love to eat it ! And I'd stand in line for thise Doug!

Keith

Reactions: DougE
I got these finished up last night and she had already eaten before she got home. I sampled the goods on her behalf, though, and yeah, quite tasty.
I think chicken sausages are either not thought of or underrated.

We love chicken sausage and make a few varieties. Chicken goes on sale and can get cheap real fast. So we use it.

Reactions: jcam222 and DougE
Nice work Doug looks delicious
Thanks, Jake.
Haven't started making sausage yet but love to eat it ! And I'd stand in line for thise Doug!

Keith
Thanks, Keith. If you love eating sausage, there is nothing like making your own.
I think chicken sausages are either not thought of or underrated.

We love chicken sausage and make a few varieties. Chicken goes on sale and can get cheap real fast. So we use it.
I agree. This is only the second time I have made chicken sausage. I did this recipe the first time as well. As good as it is, I will be making more of an attempt to add more chicken sausages to my rotation. I think maybe a lot take a pass on chicken since it does involve a little more prep work with the deboning.
Nicely done. Chicken sausages are underrated....
Thanks, Keith. This one is a delicious one for sure.

Looks great Doug, I have done a few of Victors recipes ( Taste of Artisan )
He has some good items. That is where I got my potato sausage recipe from.

I could see a few of those disappearing at meal time .

David

Reactions: DougE
Looks great Doug, I have done a few of Victors recipes ( Taste of Artisan )
He has some good items. That is where I got my potato sausage recipe from.

I could see a few of those disappearing at meal time .

David
Victor (Taste of Artisan) is solid. He has some great recipes including this one.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky