Down for the count for a couple months

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
I had an accident up snowboarding yesterday. By the time I got home my ankle was swelling fast. the wife ran me down to the ortho clinic and sure enough i broke my leg - maybe in two places - on break is certain. Booted now, surgery Wednesday. getting some new titanium implants put in to hold everything it the right places. I think the doc said no weight bearing for at least 6 weeks. gonna miss wo month of the season, cooking is almost out of the question.

In an odd twist of fate - I had the same break on the same leg about 25 years ago. that one was much worse, it was super displaced and almost a compound fracture. spend 4 days in the hospital that time. this one is out patient and Im hoping they have better methods. the first surgery was the most pain i have ever felt.

Trying to recalibrate what I do but its hard. I usually do stuff all day...gym, dogs, cardio, snowboard and now on crutches and one leg.

just pissed, frustrated and sad.

Bummer to say the least.I feel for ya.

Been down that road in '96.Bad car accident...left heel,both knee caps and I have titanium bar from my right elbow to shoulder plus a concussion.That was 8 days in the hospital and 11 months out of work.

Reactions: sandyut
That sucks hope it all goes smooth and you heal quickly. I have titanium in my leg from a low tib/fib break.

That sucks. I’m sorry and our prayers for a quick recovery. When I was laid up with both shoulders getting screwed together I read a lot of nonfiction and actually started doing model cars and planes again. It was helpful to work my brain and focus on something.

Damm Dave, that's a tough one to take, big time bummer! They say time heals all wounds, here's hoping you have a full and speedy recovery. RAY

Oh man that sucks! Hope surgery and recovery goes good. Be sure to do all your PT after that 6 weeks! Your probably looking at 10 to 12 weeks at least....

If you have a library card, check the library for online audio books. You can download them as Mp3 files for free and play through your phone. I can relax and do nothing when listening to an audio book. Favorite player is called "Listen Audiobook Player" cost is only a $1 in Google play store.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky