1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Costco

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by T3660, Oct 27, 2018.

1. T3660

T3660 Newbie

just picked up a prime packer brisket for 3.29 a pound. Also grabbed a pork belly. Making me some brisket and pork burnt ends for the football games tomorrow. On the pork burnt ends I’m going to put on a honey/Michigan maple syrup for the glaze. The brisket will be inject with a little bit of dales. Putting the big smoker away and time to break out the WSM! I’m excited to fire that rig up!!

SonnyE likes this.
  2. hillbillyrkstr

hillbillyrkstr Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Can’t beat that price! I’d have bought half dozen of them!

Enjoy that brisket!

Scott

3. Scott Eisenbraun

Scott Eisenbraun Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Sounds like a good plan. You must cater with the big smoker.

4. T3660

T3660 Newbie

Yes, it done a few big cooks. I really like it but I still think highly of my WSM. I use the WSM for my personal cooking and testing

5. SonnyE

SonnyE Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That sounds like a Phenomininamal price for a Brisket!
    Have a great time! Watch your cooking and DVR the Game(s).

6. atomicsmoke

atomicsmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Lucky duck.

My costco only carries flats at almost 10$/lb.

7. Our Costco finally had the prime packers this week at that price, brought home a really nice one and smoked it yesterday it was fantastic!
    OGTXBBQ.jpg

8. SonnyE

SonnyE Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Emphasis on the WAS... LOL!

Poor Brisket, didn't stand a chance...

InThePittBBQ likes this.
  9. There were some leftover's, I ran some ham through the slicer and paired it up with the leftover brisket topped with Cuban white cheese and some spicy pickles and mustard for Cubano sandwiches on the flat top tonight.

SonnyE likes this.
  10. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Nice score!!
    Al

11. gmc2003

gmc2003 Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member

Our Costco usually only carries the flat. Nice score.

Chris