Chub Bologna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Cant get the 5lb chubs down here. Got this one at ingles in GA.

IMG_5254.JPG

For me its easier to slice for smoked bologna sammies, instead of smoking the whole chub.
IMG_5257.JPG

In zip bag and into the freezer.
IMG_5258.JPG

I can only get the small Chubs here in Ga, like 2-3 lbs. I haven't checked Ingles though. Wallyworls, Publix, Kroger, but not Ingles. Thanks for the info Rick.

Next time I get a chub of bologna I'll slice it before smoking. Bet its a whole different thing from smoking it whole.
Jim

Reactions: MJB05615
Used to have the Bar-S brand in 5# here for most of my life. But 5 years ago or so they were no where to be had. So I started making my own.

Ate it that way when I was a kid . Grilled not smoked . I love the stuff .
I go to the meat market and have him cut a pound or so from the chub . Then slice myself .

Growing up my mom would fry bologna with a big spoon full of mashed potatoes and cheese on top. Great meal for four growing boys. I still love bologna, never had it smoked. I'm sure it's delicious.

I love to smoke baloney and the best way I have found is to slice it thick and then smoke it on the pellet smoker, a rub on it and less than 2 hours its done, vac pack in 5-6 slices for a weeks worth of lunch.

And a shirt sleeve to wipe your mouth.
Jim
And a shirt sleeve to wipe your mouth.
Jim
Its really hard to find meat departments that sell it in the chub , maybe in the deli departments but it crazy expensive there . I used to sell a ton of it in chunks and it was inexpensive .I had one gal come in every week and buy a 3# chunk for sunday dinner , I think she baked it . Somehow it tastes alot better than the pre pak sliced. Im going try it grilled , sounds pretty good

D Dabutcher check this out.

Jim

We still get the large rolls of bologna here . We slice it thick, some times just plain on bread
with mustard . Or fried in cast iron pan with fried eggs and my mustard pickles on the side .....heaven
Will have to try to smoke it next time also

David

Reactions: Bearcarver
I make my own bologna, so I can do what I want with it. But lately I have been getting lazy & may go your route Rick. It sure would be a lot easier.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky