Camp Pendleton Closed due to rain and flooding

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
They announced at 0630 this morning that only essential personell will be allowed on base today due to heavy rains and flooding creeks and rivers on base.  The announcers claim that this is the first ever closure of the base due to rain. They expect to get about 5" today  

Cali is getting hit pretty good with rain.

I have a couple of friends that live about 5 miles away and they both have over 24" of rain recorded in this storm - this is on the back side of Pendleton in a small town call DeLuz - I told them we need to change it to Deluge the way its raining

Ive heard that some parts of the sierra's have over 13 feet of snow from this storm.

icon_cool.gif

Well isn't that alot of rain if they close a military base.

I used to think that I had a pretty level backyard, until the rain hit. I now have areas with 6 inches of standing water. Good thing that skeeters don't like the cold...

Gotta save some of that water for those fires that go nuts out there some where. Santa Anna winds?

we were suposed to get something from this storm and not much more than a little sprinkle here and there.....................

The Mission Valley area where Hotel Circle is located was under 4' of water this morning and they had to evacuate one of the hotels with boats - The Amtrack and Coaster trains were suspended and there is widespread flooding all over So Cal - The weather bookie here in San Diego said that National Weather Service deemed this the biggest storm in 90 years.  I have places on my 1.3 acres with over 2' of standing water. Can I aske the water department for a refund for watering my grove last week 
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky