Brought my new brother in law to smoking!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motorcitykid

Original poster
May 9, 2009
Detroit, Michigan
On Saturday July 11th I got married. I was given strict orders that I was not to grill or smoke at the backyard reception. I noticed that my new brother in law had a Brinkmann 40" smoker that he was using to grill burgers and chicken on. I asked him if he ever tried smoking anything on it. Of course he said no. I then told him to pick up a big porkloin, chicken breasts, pork chops and sweet corn for the next day. He shows up Sunday with the groceries and he has some real nice seasoned apple. I showed him how to prepare the fire and got it going and then went inside and prepared the meat with him watching. We went outside and the smoker was at 230 and on went the loin. I told him about alot of things that he shouild know to avoid some of the lessons I learned the hard way. He was all ears. Throughout the day he monitored the temps and placed more things on the smoker while I watched and had a few cold ones. He was having the time of his life as he looked at the meat getting smoked when he opened it up to put on the other meats. At dinner time the silence was unreal as everyone devoured their meals. Then my new brother in law said "this is great, I never knew what smoked meat was really like but this is outstanding". Everyone then started thanking me for a good meal and I told them that it was my brother in laws deal and that all I did was provide the knowledge and sit back. It was at this point that I started thinking that I should be saying THANKS TO ALL OF YOU on smoking meat forum. ALL OF YOU have taught me things that have been your successes and mishaps that I probably would have done with the same results. This is a great place to LEARN AND SHARE. Again I say THANKS as you helped bring my new brother in law to the world of smoking. He is now hooked. His next smoke he has to buy the cold ones...

Thanks again for friendships and knowledge!

Steve

You have just got another man hooked on smoking meat. You are a good man.

motorcitykid
Sounds like you did a great job providing information and letting him take credit for the smoke, I am sure that was quite inspiring to your brother in law. Next step is to get him to join SMF, you and him will make a great smoking team !!!

Great way to breAK into the family, I always say " Spread the Wealth".

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky