• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brazilian marinaded Tri tip

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Sometimes it works out,others it doesn't. Tried a new way to spin a Tri tip found a Brazilian marinade at the grocery store and today was the day to try it out.
Just add a little water,oil and a touch of red wine vinegar. The Tri tip was marinaded about eight hours. Smoked on the spit with kbb and mesquite chunks,the tail showed a nice smoke ring and was over cooked due to the TT being mostly frozen still but as you can see in the pics the bigger part turned out wonderfully if I say so myself.:biggrin: This was a nice change of pace and is highly recommended.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That's one delicious looking Tri tip!!

Nice job!

Al

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
I missed this post.

Fantastic looking tt.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Great looking Tri Tip Bone! Nice smoke!

I was just eyeballing one of the five inhave in the freezer!

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Great looking Tri Tip Bone! Nice smoke!

I was just eyeballing one of the five inhave in the freezer!
Thanks DS, we got about 8 IIRC.:biggrin: And for $2.99 # we are going to keep eating them! I want yo try shepards pie with some leftovers sometime,here's or steak and eggs tonight I had six eggs in the frying pan and flipped them like an omlet none broke I call that a win.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Thanks DS, we got about 8 IIRC.:biggrin: And for $2.99 # we are going to keep eating them! I want yo try shepards pie with some leftovers sometime,here's or steak and eggs tonight I had six eggs in the frying pan and flipped them like an omlet none broke I call that a win.

It makes a tasty pie!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/...any-days-and-how-many-ways-can-we-use-tri-tip
Yeah I did a goggle search awhile back after thinking about it,and your post was in there!

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
That TT turned out beautiful.  I've yet to see one in a store up here, but I keep looking.

Gary

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
Looks great b-one!  

What type of flavor is that Brazilian marinade?  Sweet?  I don't do sweet.  

Did you here that two Brazilian men were killed in a boating accident....How many is a Brazilian, is it more then a million?  

Mike

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
That looks great,you eating pretty well man.Points

Richie

redheelerdog

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 4, 2011
Amazing meal! I am drooling...

Do you ever get to Fogo de Chão? Reminds me of that restaurant.

Nice job.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Looks great b-one!  :points1:

What type of flavor is that Brazilian marinade?  Sweet?  I don't do sweet.  

Did you here that two Brazilian men were killed in a boating accident....How many is a Brazilian, is it more then a million?  :icon_razz:

Mike
Not sweet, I think there's quite a bit of dried cilantro in it but don't have the package anymore.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Amazing meal! I am drooling... :biggrin:

Do you ever get to Fogo de Chão? Reminds me of that restaurant.

Nice job.
Thanks John, I have been there I think, we have been to two different places in Chicago. Wish we had all the side dishes they have!Thumbs Up

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Beautiful beef and thanks for the recommendation on the marinade.

Point!

Disco

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.