Tri tip in FL w/qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
Found a ranch about a hour from me that sells their own meat. To my surprise they stock tri tip which is hard to find in FL.

Tonight we are celebrating our son getting employee of the month at his job so he asked for tri tip and shrimp.

Trimmed and rubbed.
Screenshot_20231031_201503_Gallery.jpg

Smoked for 1hr at 250 then seared to finish.
Screenshot_20231031_201513_Gallery.jpg

Cooked the shrimp on a grilling pizza pan I bought years ago.

Screenshot_20231031_201526_Gallery.jpg

All sliced.

Screenshot_20231031_201724_Gallery.jpg

Everyone was happy.

Good night all.

Nice meal there Brian.
Tell your son congrats.
Yeah, the most common way to find tri-tip east of the Rockies is to pick the bits out of the ground beef.

That trip tip looks great! I wish my wife liked less than well done beef.

Tasty looking meal Brian, great job! We love tri tip! Congrats to your son as well!

Ryan

Great job on that TT Brian, and the shrimp is just icing on the cake.

Point for sure
Chris

Found a ranch about a hour from me that sells their own meat. To my surprise they stock tri tip which is hard to find in FL.

Tonight we are celebrating our son getting employee of the month at his job so he asked for tri tip and shrimp.

Trimmed and rubbed.
View attachment 679844

Smoked for 1hr at 250 then seared to finish.
View attachment 679845

Cooked the shrimp on a grilling pizza pan I bought years ago.

View attachment 679846

All sliced.

View attachment 679847

Everyone was happy.

Good night all.
As they say down here: Bueno!!

Reactions: bmudd14474
Merciful Heaves Brian!! All of that looks really good but that roast is just pure beef bliss on a plate. Love the surf and turf concept though. Kinda hard to beat fresh shrimp, especially when coupled with that fantastic looking beef. Beautiful job sir.

Robert

Thanks everyone. It was a great meal and good time with the family so you can't ask for much more than that if you ask me. Happy Saturday all.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky