Brazilian marinaded Tri tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 31, 2014
Michigan
Sometimes it works out,others it doesn't. Tried a new way to spin a Tri tip found a Brazilian marinade at the grocery store and today was the day to try it out.
Just add a little water,oil and a touch of red wine vinegar. The Tri tip was marinaded about eight hours. Smoked on the spit with kbb and mesquite chunks,the tail showed a nice smoke ring and was over cooked due to the TT being mostly frozen still but as you can see in the pics the bigger part turned out wonderfully if I say so myself.:biggrin: This was a nice change of pace and is highly recommended.

Great looking Tri Tip Bone! Nice smoke!

I was just eyeballing one of the five inhave in the freezer!

Thanks DS, we got about 8 IIRC.:biggrin: And for $2.99 # we are going to keep eating them! I want yo try shepards pie with some leftovers sometime,here's or steak and eggs tonight I had six eggs in the frying pan and flipped them like an omlet none broke I call that a win.

Thanks DS, we got about 8 IIRC.:biggrin: And for $2.99 # we are going to keep eating them! I want yo try shepards pie with some leftovers sometime,here's or steak and eggs tonight I had six eggs in the frying pan and flipped them like an omlet none broke I call that a win.

It makes a tasty pie!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/...any-days-and-how-many-ways-can-we-use-tri-tip

Yeah I did a goggle search awhile back after thinking about it,and your post was in there!

Looks great b-one!  
points1.png

What type of flavor is that Brazilian marinade?  Sweet?  I don't do sweet.  

Did you here that two Brazilian men were killed in a boating accident....How many is a Brazilian, is it more then a million?  
icon_razz.gif

Mike

Looks great b-one!  :points1:

What type of flavor is that Brazilian marinade?  Sweet?  I don't do sweet.  

Did you here that two Brazilian men were killed in a boating accident....How many is a Brazilian, is it more then a million?  :icon_razz:

Mike

Not sweet, I think there's quite a bit of dried cilantro in it but don't have the package anymore.

Amazing meal! I am drooling... :biggrin:

Do you ever get to Fogo de Chão? Reminds me of that restaurant.

Nice job.

Thanks John, I have been there I think, we have been to two different places in Chicago. Wish we had all the side dishes they have!Thumbs Up

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky