Beef belly burnt ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

orthodoc

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 5, 2017
Started with a whole beef belly (beef navel). All-purpose salt/garlic rub followed by a traditional bbq rub (salt, pepper, paprika, garlic etc).

Smoked at 200 for a few hours on my Yoder pellet to get some good smoke, then turned temp up to 250. Took 7 hours (suprisingly) to get to 190 internal. Let cool for 10 minutes, sliced into cubes and rolled in more rub, and BBQ sauce mixed with honey.

I think the picture speaks for itself! Better than brisket point burnt ends.... I love eating sliced point so I hate sacrificing it!

Attachments

• beef belly.jpg
    beef belly.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 53
  • burnt ends.jpg
    burnt ends.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 53
Looks great! I did a sliced navel last year. I’m with you on the point, love that stuff.

I have done beef bacon using a whole beef belly which is interesting. This was great. I've done burnt ends from boneless short ribs but they fall apart too easily. This was perfect. I did eat a slice when I cubed it- taste is very similar to beef short ribs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky