BANJO MAN BURNT ENDS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 7, 2017
Northern Arkansas-Banjo Land
I got me a pay raise this year. So, SPAM burnt ends it is. On the Weber Kettle for 4 hours. Hickory smoke. That clear jar of liquid is moonshine boys and girls. The real stuff. No need to explain anymore. Pretty simple recipe…some rub, bbq sauce, mustard for binder and MOONSHINE.
IMG_3015.jpeg
IMG_3016.jpeg
IMG_3017.jpeg
IMG_3018.jpeg

Banjo man out.

I smoke a lot of Spam but never thought to do burnt ends.Yet another way to satisfy the Spam craving.

Reactions: JLeonard
Weee Doggie, me needs to do this!...the wife is horrified with spam but I love to play with it...going to do this...not sure I can souce real moonshine here in NY - Yankee territory but should be able to get some Everclear 90% here?

Looks good Justin. I never thought of Spam burnt ends.

Three banjo's for that one.
🪕🪕🪕

Chris

Reactions: 912smoker
Now that's a great idea Justin and they turned out great!
Living 10 minutes from the shine capital of GA , I recognized the clear contents of the Mason Jar😂

Keith

I recently bought a can to try. This certainly looks like a great way to go.

Okay, this deserves a, "Hell Yeah!"

"Ya shor gots some purty Spam boy!"

Now that’s some tasty looking spam!

Great looking ends! But the question is….How much of the ‘shine went into the ends and how much went into the cook? 😂

Jim

I smoke a lot of Spam but never thought to do burnt ends.Yet another way to satisfy the Spam craving.

Weee Doggie, me needs to do this!...the wife is horrified with spam but I love to play with it...going to do this...not sure I can souce real moonshine here in NY - Yankee territory but should be able to get some Everclear 90% here?

Looks good Justin. I never thought of Spam burnt ends.

Three banjo's for that one.
🪕🪕🪕

Chris

I'm a spam fan and have a case of it I bought on 50% discount on Amazon. Gonna have to try this.

Those spam burnt ends are sure shiny !

Now that's a great idea Justin and they turned out great!
Living 10 minutes from the shine capital of GA , I recognized the clear contents of the Mason Jar😂

Keith

I recently bought a can to try. This certainly looks like a great way to go.
Thanks guys for the compliments!
I did take a few swigs of that ‘shine before and during the smoke.

Interesting
I got me a pay raise this year. So, SPAM burnt ends it is.
You definitely celebrated a raise with some fine dining ...

Contrary to popular urban belief, shine is usually around 100 proof.

Thanks guys for the compliments!
I did take a few swigs of that ‘shine before and during the smoke.

If you hadn’t we would have had to revoke your membership and take your man card!

Jim
Years ago I got a recipe called "Damn Fine Whiskey Sauce". The instructions clearly stated equal portions for the sauce AND the cook. It is a sauce for bread pudding. It is mighty fine, too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky