1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Afternoon from VA

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by KMC, Dec 30, 2018.

1. KMC

KMC Newbie

Howdy,

Name is Kevin and I am new to smoking meats. I live in the Northern Virginia area. Today is my first attempt at offset smoking. I am smoking a 6lb bone in half-ham, harvested from a wild boar. I went with a rub on the ham then wrapped in bacon because it’s lean. I am attempting this with an offset setup by Char-griller. I am using “all natural” lump charcoal by Royal Oak. I look forward to soaking up a ton of knowledge and one day hope to help others learn.

Have a great weekend and New Years.

2. dcecil

dcecil Master of the Pit

Welcome to the site and welcome to the offset brotherhood

KMC likes this.
  3. meatallica

meatallica Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF

KMC likes this.
  4. motocrash

motocrash Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome from Winchester,KMC.

KMC likes this.
  5. bluewhisper

bluewhisper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the board! You're going to have a lot of fun playing around with this. Ask anything and people will offer advice and suggestions.

I'm running an offset, too. They want attention like a steam locomotive. We call them "stick burners" (put that in the Search here) because you can run them on wood instead of charcoal, or any combination of the two.

KMC likes this.
  6. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to the site, happy to have you join up.

Chris

KMC likes this.