• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KMC

Original poster
Dec 30, 2018
Howdy,

Name is Kevin and I am new to smoking meats. I live in the Northern Virginia area. Today is my first attempt at offset smoking. I am smoking a 6lb bone in half-ham, harvested from a wild boar. I went with a rub on the ham then wrapped in bacon because it’s lean. I am attempting this with an offset setup by Char-griller. I am using “all natural” lump charcoal by Royal Oak. I look forward to soaking up a ton of knowledge and one day hope to help others learn.

Have a great weekend and New Years.

Welcome to the board! You're going to have a lot of fun playing around with this. Ask anything and people will offer advice and suggestions.

I'm running an offset, too. They want attention like a steam locomotive. We call them "stick burners" (put that in the Search here) because you can run them on wood instead of charcoal, or any combination of the two.

Reactions: KMC
Welcome to the site, happy to have you join up.

Chris

Reactions: KMC
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky