10th Annual South Florida Smoking Meat Gathering (THE BIG ONE!!) - November 13-14, 2020

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Gathering

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's awesome.. glad to hear your back to work... I'll be starting a 5-7 day run of 12.5 hr days starting tomorrow so I wouldn't be here...

I havent been doing alot of smoking at my house but a friend just got his first smoker last week and last weekend we smoked a pork loin and belly on it to break it in! Came out great but i dont have pics :/

I've been a little under the weather most of last week and had family in town over the weekend so been busy/distracted. I'll call Highland Hammock today and see what they say about the current state of the park and covid. I'll post here once i find out

That all looks good ... I went to Winn Dixie and got 2 twin packs of butts ($.99 lb)... and a brisket ($2.49 lb)... The brisket is in the freezer.. the butts ended up going through the grinder and stuffed 35 lbs worth of snack sticks... I did Jalapenos W/Chedder (10 lbs) ... Pepper W/ Pepper Jack (10 lbs) ... Pepperoni (10 lbs)... and TexMex W/Colby jack (5 lbs).... Smoked the Japs and TexMex yesterday.... Pepperoni and Pepper are in the smokehouse now ...

As for the Gathering... Not sure what all I'm doing yet.... I know I can't wait for it to get here... Covid or not ...
Yeah, saw that .99/lb and picked up 5 twin packs myself. Didn’t see the briskets. Tried out the new grinder and stuffer with almost 15 lbs. of beer brats. Turned out pretty good but still have a lot to learn. Good thing is you can eat the mistakes.

Reactions: nimrod
Hello all, hope you all are still well. I have been out of work since mid January and still looking - FL unemployment sucks (and not in a good way). If the park is open and the Gathering still happens I will try to drive down on Saturday, this year may be a wash for me.

Good evening everyone!
I called HH this afternoon and the 2-minute long voice recording was all doom and gloom saying the playground, pavillions and museum was still closed....but i spoke to the Ranger after and he said everything is open for reserved campers except for the Tram. To be honest, i had no idea there was a tram haha.

So as far as it being open, as of now, it sounds like we are good to go. We've have some mixed reviews since the pandemic on who might be coming or not so i wanted to throw a poll up to gauge how the group is feeling about November. I'm trying to post a poll but I don't see the option, please hold....

Soooo...either i'm not seeing it or we can no longer create polls.

Can each of you post either:
- Going
- Not going
- On the fence

Thanks in advance

FYI our friends, Tim and Jane Bemiller who joined us last year, tried this morning to book a site and were told park was fully booked. Wonder if true or just Reserve America being behind times.
I’ve had another back surgery so our camper will be put on the market for sale and this will be our last camping trip. Sure looking forward to one last great time.

That's too bad all the sites are booked, i'm not sure if Reserve America offers a waiting list option?

So as of now it looks like Carol, John and myself are going...and hopefully Tim and Jane.

How about the rest?

As long as I can get the time off and have a place to crash (Doug?), I plan on going. Charlyn might actually be able to make an appearance as well since this is her last semester before graduating in December.

Carol I tried to book several months ago and pretty much everything around our gathering area was full.

I'm All In ... sites 88, 89 ..

Carol... tell them to keep calling regularly to check for cancelations... or as has happened in the past when a site from one of our own members had to cancel at last minute ...

They made some changes to the web site and people not getting notifications has been issue...

Reactions: dougmays
Will be at pc farmers this weekend for our 4th gathering. Low attendance but not surprised. Hope your plans stay to gather for a great and safe time.

Warren

I cancelled my site yesterday so there may be one spot open. I was planning on surprising ya'll but to much stuff going on. Maybe next year.

Joe

I cancelled my site yesterday so there may be one spot open. I was planning on surprising ya'll but to much stuff going on. Maybe next year.

Joe

Ah man, that's to bad! It would have been great to have you again for the 10 Year!

Alrightly folks, let's get planning! Honestly with everything going on with Covid and such i really thought we'd have to cancel this year so I apologize for not getting around to making plans on here till now.

Competitions, do we want to keep with the Ribs and Cocktails this year? This is the 10th year so let's do it big! Even though its kind of late i'm going to try to get sponsors to donate more/bigger stuff this year!

Anyone want to suggest anything else?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky