Why are Jeff's " my lastest videos" popping up at the bottom of all of the forum page? They are a P.I.T.A and very distracting!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dan, I was wondering the same thing yesterday then saw that Jeff had posted this. It explains what it currently going on:

Hope this helps.
Robert

The video is showing up between replies for me and then when I scroll further down, it shows up at the bottom next to the reply area........ ARGH!

Last edited:
Reactions: forktender
I apologize that this is taking longer than we had hoped.

They are working on this now and should have it fixed shortly.

Once this is corrected, premier members will not see any ads or videos.

thank you guys for your patience!

Reactions: forktender

Thanks Jeff!
I also wonder why I can’t get on here unless I disable my ad blocker?
Al

Reactions: daveomak

It seems that with the advent of the internet, society has lost all sense of patience.

Thanks Jeff for the best Forum on the internet!

John

Jeff.... Great background music in your ads...... The peach dump cake looked delicious.....

How about you put your recipes, in thread form, on the forum some where..... and KEEP the music.....

A new section titled.... Tulsa Jeff's Recipes, would fit nicely....

Al, took me 24 hours to figure out I had to allow ads for this site.... Everything worked but SMF would not show up...
I'm feeling better now...

Yep, same exact thing with me Dave.
Kinda of a PITA!
I have to remember to disable my ad blocker before I try to get on here, then remember to enable it when I get off.
Otherwise all I get after I sign on is a white screen.
Al

Al, took me 24 hours to figure out I had to allow ads for this site.... Everything worked but SMF would not show up...
I'm feeling better now...

Guys, thanks for mentioning this. I was in the same boat, I got a white screen when using Chrome and ad blocker on. I switched browsers and SMF would load, and it would load on my phone. So back to Chrome and I disabled SMF and now the site loads.

Yep, same exact thing with me Dave.
Kinda of a PITA!
I have to remember to disable my ad blocker before I try to get on here, then remember to enable it when I get off.
Otherwise all I get after I sign on is a white screen.
Al
In the settings of AdBlock I can disable individual sites. So let's say I have 15 tabs showing in my browser window, I can disable one or two without disabling all of them.

Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with ad blockers.. I always browse with ads on especially on my sites as I like to stay "in the know" on what ads are showing to the visitors.

Jeff.... Great background music in your ads...... The peach dump cake looked delicious.....

How about you put your recipes, in thread form, on the forum some where..... and KEEP the music.....

A new section titled.... Tulsa Jeff's Recipes, would fit nicely....

Dave, I've posted a few on the site but I'll keep that in mind for the future. Glad you like the music! :emoji_sunglasses:

Reactions: daveomak

Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with ad blockers.. I always browse with ads on especially on my sites as I like to stay "in the know" on what ads are showing to the visitors.
I would guess that with the recent changes that hides ads for Premier Members, your IT people added some anti ad-block script or code which detects when a visitor is using an ad blocker. And other code to allow access for Premier Members. In the case of Dave, Al and myself..... we are all Premier Members but use ad block software and access was denied, so we only saw a white screen. Maybe watch your number of site visits and see if they drop off in the next week or so because non-frequent or new visitors seeing a white screen will usually be inclined to move on instead of investigating why a site won't load.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky