Why are Jeff's " my lastest videos" popping up at the bottom of all of the forum page? They are a P.I.T.A and very distracting!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I got the white screen last night (and tonight). I moved on last night as there was other pressing things to get done.
First thought, "I got banned!"
Tonight, I tried a different browser and got logged in and figured out the problem.
Went back to preferred browser and disabled the Ad Blocker for SmokingMeatForums (SMF) ONLY.
There should be an option in all Ad Blocker add ons to your browser to select your disable options.
Dropped to this thread to report and see I am way behind the eight ball.
I would guess that with the recent changes that hides ads for Premier Members, your IT people added some anti ad-block script or code which detects when a visitor is using an ad blocker. And other code to allow access for Premier Members. In the case of Dave, Al and myself..... we are all Premier Members but use ad block software and access was denied, so we only saw a white screen. Maybe watch your number of site visits and see if they drop off in the next week or so because non-frequent or new visitors seeing a white screen will usually be inclined to move on instead of investigating why a site won't load.
I completely log out of this website every time.
There is a message that pops up on my preferred browser that cautioned me using an Ad Blocker could cause .... issues on the website.
Any non member that visits SMF should see the caution. If they click to close, I don't know what happens after that moment.

Never had an issue, other than the ads themselves, but I knew they were working on it. It’s all good now. No ads.

Reactions: rc4u
Don't use an ad blocker but still gonna make that smoked cheddar mix... still stuck in my head!

Ryan

Anyone else getting ads again? Mine are back

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211214-131632_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211214-131632_Chrome.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 9
Have you seen the dodge sale at Hoblit?

the ads and videos are extremely annoying. I understand the need/desire to make a few $ on ads, but if i were a new user and wasn't already familiar with the forum contents, it'd be adios.

I haven’t seen any ads in about 45 minutes..
I also just got an email letting me know that the issue has been resolved.

Hopefully you guys are getting similarly great results.

If they are still showing then that is a cache issue… I may have to clear the cache on the server to speed things up but it will naturally clear on its own over the course of a few hours.

Have you already cleared the cache on your own device?

Yeah , I've cleared mine . Seemed I was only getting the video in the lower right corner when I looked at a new thread . Just went and looked at some new ones , and nothing so far . Let me see how it goes in the next day or so . Thanks for asking .

Too bad none of the ads are not bbq rubs, equipment and such. I do like the zero percent dodge ad though

Reactions: TulsaJeff
I use AdGuard everywhere. BUT, I have it permanently turned off for SMF. I pay for the privilege of being a lifetime premier member of the forum and I have no annoyances whatsoever.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky