Why are Jeff's " my lastest videos" popping up at the bottom of all of the forum page? They are a P.I.T.A and very distracting!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This is what new people see and you can't do anything. Pretty crazy
Screenshot_20211217_192257.png

• Haha
Reactions: flatbroke
I'm not seeing any ads.
No freeze up other than the crappy Wi-Fi service dropping me occasionally.
I've been on MS Edge since the 6th.
I'll be loading a different browser in the near future

edit
I was using an I-Pad on Safari from the 1st while we were traveling. Don't remember any issues with ads there either.

Last edited:
Yeah . If I try to go without being logged in it's not doable at all .
Another forum I am a member of did the same thing trying to push ads on non-membership and that forum failed spectacularly. All it did was piss people off from constant video ads, and it drove members away from the site.

This is Jeff's site, he can do as he sees fit....but I would hate for this to happen to this site. I get the desire to increase profits, but there is a very fine line. I am not an administrator here, so I can't see the traffic logs, but if not addressed soon, traffic will drop. I'd bet good money on it. Were it me, I'd remove all ads until this got figured out on the back end...just sayin....and eat the loss of revenue rather than drive the site into the ground from lack of traffic.

There, I've given my opinion....take it or leave it. Off my soap box and back to the curing and sausage forums....

Reactions: TNJAKE
Been having ads pop up most of the day but not now. So hopefully gone.

Ryan

Ok, so I lied! They just came back. Do ya have any girls in bikinis selling anything?

Ryan

Reactions: 912smoker
I did a forum sweep without logging in to see what everyone else is experiencing.
Thankfully, we have a large screen on the laptop or I wouldn't be able to find a thread
Do ya have any girls in bikinis selling anything?
Ads often target your browsing history. Tired of winter already and been surfing for a spring break trip?

I'm in central Florida (for the winter) and got a lot of ads in spanish so they must target location, too?

I did a forum sweep without logging in to see what everyone else is experiencing.
Thankfully, we have a large screen on the laptop or I wouldn't be able to find a thread
Ads often target your browsing history. Tired of winter already and been surfing for a spring break trip?

I'm in central Florida (for the winter) and got a lot of ads in spanish so they must target location, too?
I don't use a laptop at computer but the forum is useless on a cellphone for non paying members

Reactions: dr k and indaswamp

Sadly enough only adds showing up on my phone are for snowblower, and not on this site but just in general. My son was wanting one...or maybe should say he could use one.

If they got big boobs spilling out of said bikini, I might want to see the ads.
Maybe making dump cakes or smoked snack mix! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Reactions: DougE
Nah, you didnt, I went and looked.
I'm getting break through email notifications since the lastest peach cobbler video upgrade with all preferences for emails unchecked. Would you let me know if you see something on my account?

Well I've been away a good bit lately due to the holidays, so if it's already been discussed, my apologies, but today I've noticed a couple of changes within the forum. First is the "Thread Starter" banner that now appears throughout the thread. I like that and do remember it being discussed previously maybe in another thread. Second is it seems that some of the privacy settings have changed or are gone such as the "Online Status" and "Last Seen" status of members...

I'm not getting the ads but I am getting "abbreviated" thread titles again.Can only see the first few letters of each thread title on the homepage.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-19 at 15-57-38 Home.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-19 at 15-57-38 Home.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 8
I like ads..
I use them as passive entertainment then place them in my bucket of of other things and people to ignore.

I'm not getting the ads but I am getting "abbreviated" thread titles again.Can only see the first few letters of each thread title on the homepage.
I've had the abbreviated titles for a week now, the pop up ads started today. And of course, no carousel.
I never worry about these kind of issues because I know some is or will be working on it. Great admins here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky