Who's Planning To Attend The TN Gathering Next Month?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
At this snapshot in time it appears that Jake ( TNJAKE TNJAKE ) and Jim ( JLeonard JLeonard ) will definitely be doing the event that was posted not too long ago. It will be held April 30th to May 2nd if memory serves me correctly and I'm planning to attend. My airline tickets were gotten yesterday so I'm ready to go. The original plan was to drive so I could bring a bunch of stuff but it's a long trip. Flying however is only a 2 hour non-stop flight to Nashville. The plan now is to either send a package of goodies to Jake before I leave or have Joe at CPB just drop ship a great big package of stuff directly to him. The question is how many people are planning to attend? If you're genuinely thinking you'll make it, please let them know so I'll have a better handle on how much stuff to send as my offering for the event. If only a small number, I'll just ship it myself. If a fairly large turnout is expected I'll contact Joe and put something together through him. I'm really looking forward to this!! Not only from a standpoint of meeting some great SMF folks, but I have not taken any sort of a trip for over 5 years. I'm due to get out for a few days. I'll be flying in Thursday morning and flying out Monday morning so I'll be there for a few days. I might take some time Sunday and play tourist but I'm making no plans at all. Just gonna shoot from the hip.

Thanks to all!!
Robert

Last edited:
Robert That is a great gesture on your, I do hope the Covid s*** doesn't get in the way
Richie

Reactions: TNJAKE
My situation depends mostly on 2 things. If we can get our vaccines by then, and how busy my Business is at that time. As of this minute, that's a completely open weekend for my business, but since it's almost 2 months out, things could book up for me. It's touch and go based on Schools and Youth League Sports continuing. All indications are things will stay up and running. I'm more uncertain if we will be able to get vaccines by then. I'd relish the chance to meet up with some great SMF folks. I'll definitely keep all posted,
Thanks.

Robert That is a great gesture on your,

Thanks Richie but I'd never consider showing up at a party empty handed. That would just be wrong :emoji_wink:

I'll be there!

I hope to heck you'll be there. It'd kinda defeat the purpose of me coming all the way to your house and you're off someplace else

Sounds very inviting. But that conflicts with turkey season in Indiana.

You're not likely to find a bigger turkey that Jake so decision made: Come to TN :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: TNJAKE
There is a brand new holiday inn express in springfield tn and a brand new hampton in pleasant view tn. Both are 15-20 min away. No uber in my area unless you want to pay big bucks as most drivers are coming from nashville. We can definitely get you from point a to b so don't worry about that

Thanks Richie but I'd never consider showing up at a party empty handed. That would just be wrong :emoji_wink:

I hope to heck you'll be there. It'd kinda defeat the purpose of me coming all the way to your house and you're off someplace else

You're not likely to find a bigger turkey that Jake so decision made: Come to TN :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Heck tx smoker tx smoker TNJAKE TNJAKE Has his cookers outside and we can pitch a tent on that 15 acres he has. Do he really need to be there..... :emoji_laughing:
SmokinGame SmokinGame im sure Jake has a got a turkey or two running around there somewhere!
Jim

I'd relish the chance to meet up with some great SMF folks. I'll definitely keep all posted,

Well Mike, you were kinda in the forefront og my thoughts of folks I'd love to meet up with. Hopefully the cards fall correctly and you'll be able to make it.

Any kind of Uber?

Brian, I'll have a rental car and will be more than happy to cart you around. I might reserve rooms at both hotels and only keep the reservation for the one you decide to stay at if you can make it. That way we can more easily travel together back and forth.

Oh I'm not missing this one. Easy drive for me.

Alright!!

Robert

Reactions: MJB05615
tx smoker tx smoker can you update this thread and add that after talking with JLeonard JLeonard JLeonard JLeonard this gathering is officially a GO!

Done!!

TNJAKE TNJAKE TNJAKE TNJAKE Has his cookers outside and we can pitch a tent on that 15 acres he has. Do he really need to be there..... :emoji_laughing:

You make a good point Jim. Jake could pack up the family and go spend the weekend in Dollywood while we have full run of his property. Not sure what might be left of the place when he gets back though :emoji_astonished:

We'll be coming in Friday and leaving Sunday. So we can co-ordinate and get ya to Jakes and etc.

Whoops!! I replied before I read this, Looks like we have Brian covered for transportation. As stated though, I'm coming in Thursday morning and leaving Monday so if anybody gets there early and needs a ride, just let me know. You can send a PM and I'll give you my phone number so we can make arrangements to hook up.

Robert

Whoops!! I replied before I read this, Looks like we have Brian covered for transportation. As stated though, I'm coming in Thursday morning and leaving Monday so if anybody gets there early and needs a ride, just let me know. You can send a PM and I'll give you my phone number so we can make arrangements to hook up.

Robert
Robert, Those of us that are hoteling it could maybe plan to stay at the same hotel. Boost their income for the weekend.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky