Round 2...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
My second trip down this bacon making path. Butt and a belly been curing for 14 days with the same recipe as before...
  • .25% cure
  • .75% sugar
  • 1.5% salt
Rested last night in the fridge and smoked today with with hickory and cherry to about 145℉. Brought to room temp, bagged and in the fridge for another rest and a date with the slicer maybe tomorrow. Only one pic...
20240220_103301[1].jpg

I'm really liking this bacon making stuff, it's addicting. Special thanks to those who have helped point me to this rabbit hole and guided me down it...😃 Now I've got another belly that I'm going to dry cure like Eric SmokinEdge SmokinEdge is doing right now.

I'll be back...

My second trip down this bacon making path. Butt and a belly been curing for 14 days with the same recipe as before...
  • .25% cure
  • .75% sugar
  • 1.5% salt
Rested last night in the fridge and smoked today with with hickory and cherry to about 145℉. Brought to room temp, bagged and in the fridge for another rest and a date with the slicer maybe tomorrow. Only one pic...
View attachment 689243

I'm really liking this bacon making stuff, it's addicting. Special thanks to those who have helped point me to this rabbit hole and guided me down it...😃 Now I've got another belly that I'm going to dry cure like Eric SmokinEdge SmokinEdge is doing right now.

I'll be back...
It's addictive once you start. You want to cure everything but the kitchen sink.

It's addictive once you start. You want to cure everything but the kitchen sink.
Yeah, I can't seem to get enough of it. Besides, I gave most of my first round away so this round stays home...😉

Second verse same as the first. Nice looking bacon Charles.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
  • .25% cure
  • .75% sugar
  • 1.5% salt
View attachment 689243

I'll be back...
Those look great Charles. You will most likely enjoy the dry aged as well. Mine will be day 12 tomorrow and I’m thinking of bagging it then or the next day to finish for smoke Saturday, this one is getting a little dry but only on one corner side, I’ll keep a sharp eye.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Nice batch Charles,
I'm in for this round also. And as Ryan said And in this corner MORE Bacon.

David
Thanks David. Time for you to do it again?
Looks mighty good from here! Nothing like your own bacon for BLTs or breakfast.

Jim
Yep, it really does taste different, better to me, but I'm sure I'm a little biased...😁

Went in to my accountant today to do our income tax today... he mentioned wanting to cure his own bacon, showed him your threads... look forward to his.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky