What's the typical wait time between seals?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrad

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 27, 2012
Princeton, MN
I just received a new vac sealer and when looking at the manual noticed it said to wait at least 20 seconds between seals. Is this normal? I have not idea what normal wait time is as I have never timed between seals

Reactions: JLeonard
It is a weston 1100 pro. got it from COSTCO for $189. Figured they have a good return policy if I don't like it

My sealer also recommends 20 seconds between seals, I have a Weston. I think it's to prevent over heating of the element.

If I run my Foodsaver constantly to seal a lot I will have a few seals fail. I've taken to doing 4 or 5 then a minute break. That said the other day I did 25 bags of pork without a break. I think the minute or two between each seal while they packed the bags was sufficient.

Last edited:
I have two FoodSavers and use them repetitively.
Never saw any warning like that.
The heaviest and fastest use is when I'm just making bags from a roll in August for Chilies.
Seal, cut, seal, cut... Eventually it will overheat and have to wait 15 minutes or so for it to cool down.
Never had an overheat when just doing repetitive vacuum sealing.

Reactions: jcam222
It gives the heat strip a chance to cool a little so it doesn't just melt and make a mess. My old food saver would blink red if not ready.

I just received a new vac sealer and when looking at the manual noticed it said to wait at least 20 seconds between seals. Is this normal? I have not idea what normal wait time is as I have never timed between seals
I have an inkbird and never read the manual. I just did a mess of bacon this morning. I figure by the time i get enough slices in a bag to seal it will be fine. so far so good with inkbird.

It is a weston 1100 pro. got it from COSTCO for $189
I see that 1100 Pro for over 300 bucks . You got it for $189 , that a great price .
My guess is , that if it's not ready it won't seal .You'll get the feel for it when you start using it .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky