What you cooking for Superbowl

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sorry,
Can't support a woke league that lets its players kneel for the National Anthem or Flag.

So for me? Start a couple of pork butts on my SI-#3. Go ice fishing for a few hours and come back enjoy the fireplace, couple of glasses of homemade wine and pulled pork sandwiches with my family and friends.

Got a pork butt going right now for pulled pork. I'll follow that up with pig shots and a pulled pork dip on Sunday.

Mrs Smoke nixed my baby back rib idea since we are going to a friends house. She didn't want to risk sauce on their furniture. I told her the sauce is so good nobody will let it drip. She didn't buy it.

It’s just going to be the two of us but we are going to make it a big bbq. Pulled pork, bbq beans, mac n cheese, and deviled eggs. We may toss in guac and chips if I can find any decent avocados. Who knows what else will worm its way onto the menu as well. Really looking forward to smoking that pork butt.
G

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Going to smoke a big pork butt and do a few things with it.
1. BBQ Biscuit Bombs
2. Taco/Nacho bar
3. Sandwiches with creamy lime slaw. Actually, the slaw would go well on the tacos also.
Will have some sliced sausage and moinks.

Haven't decided on all of the sides yet.

Wife will make what she calls a fruit pizza for dessert. Its a sugar cookie "dough" with cream cheese icing and strawberries, kiwis, etc...
Far from pizza but it is a super bowl tradition that my boys request every year.

given surgery is today, likely serving Oxycontin with a side of what ever my wife will bring me.

Hope ya'll have some great cooks and parties. ill be watching for some good pics.
Best of luck too you.
And I have to say this, it's my go-to line anytime someone is going in for surgery regardless of what surgery it may be, this time it seems a little more fitting. OUCH!!!
Break ah leg!!!

In all honesty, I hope your surgery and recovery period goes exceptionally well.

Hang in there.
Dan

Reactions: sandyut
given surgery is today, likely serving Oxycontin with a side of what ever my wife will bring me.

Hope ya'll have some great cooks and parties. ill be watching for some good pics.
Good luck with that!

As usual, I always feature dishes from the participants’ cities. So will have some Cincinnati Chili (on dogs), and some Al Pastor tacos. That said, I can’t do the SB without wings (for my dearly departed Bills) and ribs (just because).

Best of luck too you.
And I have to say this, it's my go-to line anytime someone is going in for surgery regardless of what surgery it may be, this time it seems a little more fitting. OUCH!!!
Break ah leg!!!

In all honesty, I hope your surgery and recovery period goes exceptionally well.

Hang in there.
Dan
Many thanks Dan. Home now and all oxy’ed up. Doc say it well. I get all twisted in my head and question and doubt everyone everything till I see for myself all is well. It’s not mentally heathy but that how I’m wired

Blue Moon beer.
Brisket point chili.
Buttermilk biscuits with diced green chilies and sweet cumin butter (concocted the recipe as I was typing this. Tastes great in my head. We'll see!).
Kettle BBQ chips (me).
Crunchy Cheetos (wife).
And decadent, rich and gooey double dark chocolate brownies for dessert. (I was NEVER a brownie guy, but I made a recipe recently that knocked my wife's socks off. Gotta say, they were pretty dang good, the brownie's, not the socks).

• Love
Gonna make some smoked and fried wings (thank goodness i have plenty frozen) probably Buffalo dip and whatever else my add makes me throw together last minute haha. Let’s go rams!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky