What you cooking for Superbowl

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice.
Mistakenly thought I had a pack in the freezer, and rock bottom around here is $4/lb (if on sale and findable). Apologies to my friends in Buffalo, but I will be doing Buffalo Thighs 😜 to go with the ribs and butt.

Buffalo Thighs!!!-----Now you're talking my Lingo!!! Much better Meat to Bone Ratio!!

Bear

Thawed a full packer brisket an tonight, Friday night, I’m injecting with straight apple juice, and Jeffs rub! Tomorrow 6 am, putting on masterbuilt 40 at 230’. I’ll follow up with results and pics! I plan on sep point from flat at internal of flat at 170’. Making burnt ends from point at that point! I will update with pics during process!

So, brisket is 17.72# been in the fridge for 4 da and only the thin part of flat has thawed! It’s 2200 hours now and it has to be on smoker bye 0600 tomorrow! Looks like it’s going to be a couple long nights!

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
Here are pics still n vac pac!

Attachments

• ECD7DA3C-1C19-40B7-9C5D-4BFD95DAE7AD.jpeg
    ECD7DA3C-1C19-40B7-9C5D-4BFD95DAE7AD.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 12
  • FA6F05C9-496C-4C8D-9236-F34368C26FD5.jpeg
    FA6F05C9-496C-4C8D-9236-F34368C26FD5.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Wow
So, to my dismay, I’ll have to let her thaw,then get up about 0500 to inject and give her a big coat of rub! Not at all what I planned, but after 4 days f thawing in fridge, and still 80% frozen, I have to make a call! So that’s the plan for now! More pics coming tomorrow!

• Haha
So that was last year, was in freezer! I just got 2 more at $2.99 lb this week! Usually way more! I onLu buy when on sale! Butts were # $1.29 so o filled up freezer! $.99 # days are gone, I’m afraid! Toough buying meat to smoke now that old guy on disability! But keeping my eye out for good sales, to keep smoking! 🤪

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky