• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What is your favorite Lumberjack Pellet flavor for all meats - if you had to choose one??

Which LJ blend is best for all meats?

• Competition Blend (Maple-Hickory-Cherry)

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Supreme Blend (Oak-Hickory-Cherry)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (reply in thread)

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
I am not into swapping pellets. I have been using rec tec ultimate blend a while which is red oak, white oak and hickory. I use these one ever thang. chicken, fish, beef - every thang.

I want to try a LJ blend that is good for all meats. thinking about one of these blends:
Competition Blend (Maple-Hickory-Cherry)
Supreme Blend (Oak-Hickory-Cherry)

take the poll, add your thoughts please

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2018
I love the LJ - Oak, hickory, cherry. I could use this blend on just about anything. Always comes out with pleasant smoke flavor.

I have also used the LJ apple and peach pellets. Both delivered great results.

JC :emoji_cat:

nchapelheel

Smoke Blower
Joined Jun 8, 2009
I have tried LJ hickory and char hickory. I did NOT notice any flavor difference from other cheaper pellets.....Pit Boss,
Traeger, Camp Chef, etc.
I have a GMG pellet pooper which works well but not the flavor of a 40" Masterbuilt. I am saving my nickels for one of the
gravity feed charcoal smokers from MB.....That will take a while!!

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Get the" oops, ran into problem message " when trying to vote but I do like the Supreme and I use Char Hickory in smoke tube or tray frequently.

tallbm

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 30, 2016
I am not into swapping pellets. I have been using rec tec ultimate blend a while which is red oak, white oak and hickory. I use these one ever thang. chicken, fish, beef - every thang.

I want to try a LJ blend that is good for all meats. thinking about one of these blends:
Competition Blend (Maple-Hickory-Cherry)
Supreme Blend (Oak-Hickory-Cherry)

take the poll, add your thoughts please
I voted Competition blend.
In TX so much oak is used it become tiring to me, so I have been burned out on oak for years now.
I LOVE maple though as my mild all purpose great flavor wood vs oak.

100% Mesquite is retired but it is what I go through the most smoking briskets. Mesquite is fantastic on chicken and works well on pork. Mesquite also works on fish too, but like with most heavier woods on fish a little goes a long way.

Lumberjack seems to be putting their chips behind their Mesquite Blend (Mesquite and Oak, read oak I think). Many people will love that but again I'm out on oak. Had they done Mesquite and Maple, I wouldn't be so heart broken that their 100% Mesquite is discontinued.

bregent

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Mar 1, 2014
I use 100% hickory for everything. Smoke flavor from a pellet grill is light enough that hickory won't overpower anything.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2018
I use 100% hickory for everything. Smoke flavor from a pellet grill is light enough that hickory won't overpower anything.
If I could smoke with only one wood, it would be hickory.

GA Tom

Joined Jun 7, 2020
I'm with dubob. Competition Blend is best; and that is what I always use.
If you want a hickory/southern pellet I can also recommend 100% pecan. ... Note: it is about 25% more expensive!

JWFokker

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 5, 2019
Pecan is my favorite for pork and chicken, but for beef I use hickory. If I'm using a sweet rub on ribs I'll do a blend of pecan and cherry, apple or maple for variety.

mowin

Master of the Pit
Joined May 30, 2015
100% hickory hands down the only pellet needed. Haven't used anything else for a couple yrs. I buy a ton at a time and break it up between several family and friends.

Thomas The Tank

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 24, 2018
I use a a few different ones. I love the mesquite blend if I’m doing beef only, if I throw some pork or anything else in with beef I use hickory, and sometimes the comp blend. Also I pretty much use a tube every time.

texomakid

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 6, 2017
If I could only have one pellet type for everything I'd go with the Competition Blend. Hickory is always a great flavor & mixed with Cherry & Maple just sends the aroma to the next level. My personal favorite is a blend of 2 to 1 Hickory to Cherry. The Comp Blend is basically the same thing. Lumber Jack makes a good pellet.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.