What is your favorite Lumberjack Pellet flavor for all meats - if you had to choose one??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which LJ blend is best for all meats?

• Competition Blend (Maple-Hickory-Cherry)

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Supreme Blend (Oak-Hickory-Cherry)

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (reply in thread)

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I love the LJ - Oak, hickory, cherry. I could use this blend on just about anything. Always comes out with pleasant smoke flavor.

I have also used the LJ apple and peach pellets. Both delivered great results.

JC :emoji_cat:
Where do you buy LJ pellets?

So far it's the 100% hickory for me. I will probably try the others but of the pellets I've used the hickory has been the winner.

I woud like to mix 2 parts Pecan to one part each of apple and cherry. I would like to find some peach pellets someday.

I started this 4 years ago…funny. I have been using the LJ competition blend for everthang. Just love it.

now that I moved I found a local smoke shop down the hill and they even have a pellet punch card club deal, along with all the rubs and sauces. They even have a bunch of rubs in a tasting area which is money!

Reactions: tallbm
In TX so much oak is used it become tiring to me, so I have been burned out on oak for years now.
I feel ya. I'm the same way on hickory here in South Carolina. I love oak, but oak here doesn't taste like any Texas or Louisiana or Arkansas Oak. Pecan here tastes more like post oak imo.

I don't use LJ - so no vote from me but I'll swear on me soul that cherry plus an oak or a pecan (pecan/cherry are my favorite sticks) is something I'll never tire of. Sticks for me were ~80% pecan ~20% cherry but only because I had to pay for cherry.... I do 50/50 mix cherry and pecan pellets all of the time since they are all the same price.

Great resurrection!

Reactions: tallbm
I started this 4 years ago…funny. I have been using the LJ competition blend for everthang. Just love it.

now that I moved I found a local smoke shop down the hill and they even have a pellet punch card club deal, along with all the rubs and sauces. They even have a bunch of rubs in a tasting area which is money!
And times have changed for me. I now use 100% Bear Mountain Oak in the pellet pooper hopper. But that will change again as local stores stopped carrying the Oak plus the prices have gone up.
I will see once I go back north for the summer where the pooper stays.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky