We raised our own pork. That's how I learned to cook it.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

AllenRR

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 12, 2018
Eagle, ID
I am from a family of Scottish extraction. We raised our own animals, and butchered them ourselves. I knew all the cuts when I was "just a lad." Seriously, though.. butchers do this stuff everyday. I trust them instead of my memory. I run down to the local Winco and if I have a question I ask. They are ever so happy to give me a good answer. My friend Nicky hooks me up usually. Back in the day, we made our own bacon, sausage, butter, etc.. I trust others with that now. I get great ribs when I ask. I get great Kerrygold butter, and the sausage they make in Twin Falls Idaho is as good as anyone's. I don't have to do it myself anymore. My point is that here are people that are artisan at this stuff now. Show them some love and buy their stuff. Nuff said!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky