Two meats at once!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

marylandsmoker

Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
South MD
Is there anything to keep in mind the first time i cook two different typed of meat for the first time?? I have planned to smoke two chickens and pork shoulder at once. I am a beginner smoker. ANY advice is much appreciated.

There are 2 schools of thought on meat placement and some folks will tell you that as long as the chicken and the pork gets cooked to an appropriate temp location doesn't matter. That may be true, but I am adhere to the following:

Beef over chicken, pork over everything.

So - put your chickens under or next to the pork and you will be fine.

What kind of cooker you working with?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback! Im using a  horizontal off set smoker. Nothing really fancy. just a starter i bought at lowes.

In that case, you may want to put your chickens closer to the firebox to take advantage of the higher heat to help with crisping up the skin.

Have fun!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky