Two Brothers New to Smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which is the better grill for a beginner?

• Pellet Smoker

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Weber Smokey Mountain

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Other

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome, and awesome to see young people interested in something other than a phone, I started with an off set smoker , I learned a ton and enjoyed many amazing meals and a few failure s lol. We ( husband and I ) have a cement block smoker we built, and just recently got a pellet copperhead #5 (it was more than 1/2 off and valentine's day is coming up ). I love the stick smokers, I know the convenience is great on the pellet, we have a brisket in sense 7 pm last night and it's 42° out so I see the convenience. But. I love feeding the fire, and the hand's on cooking, we have learned so much over the years.
So on that note,
All so consider a decent meat thermometer.
Try to document what you are doing ( like a food journal ) of what works for you and whatever smoker you decide on. (Marinade's , meat's , time in at what temp, and what you would change if anything). Looking forward to your future post's.

Welcome, and awesome to see young people interested in something other than a phone, I started with an off set smoker , I learned a ton and enjoyed many amazing meals and a few failure s lol. We ( husband and I ) have a cement block smoker we built, and just recently got a pellet copperhead #5 (it was more than 1/2 off and valentine's day is coming up ). I love the stick smokers, I know the convenience is great on the pellet, we have a brisket in sense 7 pm last night and it's 42° out so I see the convenience. But. I love feeding the fire, and the hand's on cooking, we have learned so much over the years.
So on that note,
Try to document what you are doing ( like a food journal ) of what works for you and whatever smoker you decide on. (Marinade's , meat's , time in at what temp, and what you would change if anything). Looking forward to your future post's.
Sorry I was late on this , congratulations looks like you are of to a great start

First thing I thought when I saw the bacon.............. Wow, thats some THICK bacon! Yep, you will do just fine with that smoker. With you being so young, I'm sure its the 1st of many to come. Congrats on your first cook on it, looks great.

Reactions: Terry Turner
First thing I thought when I saw the bacon.............. Wow, thats some THICK bacon! Yep, you will do just fine with that smoker. With you being so young, I'm sure its the 1st of many to come. Congrats on your first cook on it, looks great.

Thanks, Tex! I agree it was really thick bacon, Lol. Definitely getting thinner stuff next time!

So on that note,

I've found myself enjoying a more hands-on approach as well! My Uncle said I can get a cast iron pan and use coal as the main fuel source if I wanted too. I think I'll definitely have to try that, or maybe buy another coal smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky