To Wrap or Not to Wrap!?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jping

Original poster
Putting on a 14 pound brisket tonight/tomorrow! I have plenty of time with this being more for fun than for a specific time tomorrow. I typically do a wrap to get through the stall, but with having no timeframe tomorrow I am wondering if this is actually something that hurts my smoke? I have read on a couple sites that it helps to make it juicy at the beginning but will make it more dry when you re-heat it. Can anyone here validate that or give any feedback on the process? I have it wrapped up in it's rub right now getting all ready to be smoked! The only negative is that it is such a long process and I am already hungry! Just looking for some of you long time smokers' advice on the wrap! Thanks guys!

I usually don't wrap my brisket, unless I'm running out of time & need to get it done.
But honestly I think most guys wrap their brisket with butcher paper, since Aaron Franklin made that the popular thing to do. Oh yea, it has to be pink butcher paper too! ;)
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky