Third place fattie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jarhead1963

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
So. Indiana
Just a quick note. I competed in an amatuer bbq cook off Friday. I had no intentions of entering the Other/Game catagory, but while cooking Brisket ,Ribs,Butt, and Chicken all day we were cooking other goodies to munch on ABT's,Fattie,Etc. "threw" together a Fattie and took a quick poll on whether we should turn it in, long story short I saved six pieces for the judges and won third place in the other catagory!! It wasn't even my best just a simple cheddar cheese Fattie wrapped in pepper bacon.

Congrats my friend, never underestimate a FATTY.

Cool!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Congrats!

Thanks Ya'll....and if it wasn't for the good people on here,I probably wouldn't have thought of making a fatty.

Congratulation on the 3rd place. Then to top it all off with a fattie. Like rich said never under estimate the FATTIE. Great job and did you tell everyone where you got the recipe from ?
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Rio Grande, now that we are back in the area,we will be there every year,you should have competed,it is always a great time and the people are all good BBQ folks just like you find on here. Yes mballi3011 I told everyone willing to listen about SMF and all of the good freindly helpful people on here,and that I had discovered Fatty's here.
Dude- A good freind of mine is the head BBQ guru in charge of the competition,he will have all of the judges results available in a couple of weeks. When I get them I will post.They use the KCBS 21 point system,just like on the pro side.
Tim,sorry no q-view,but I can post pics of my trophy :)
Thanks again to all at SMF....you are all great folks.

Next year, planning the ULTIMATE fatty
PDT_Armataz_01_41.gif
.... don't know what that will be just yet, I have just under a year to figure it out LOL.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky