David And Joe: A Tale Of Two Heroes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
As some of you already know, our very good friend David ( DRKsmoking DRKsmoking ) won 1st place in the Judge's Voting for the Labor Day Throwdown. That prize was a really nice meat package from Joe at CPB. Unfortunately the meat cannot be shipped to Canada though. It would sit at Customs for so long all of the meat would spoil. David and I discussed at length how we were going to utilize this prize package. He tossed out a few ideas as did I and we finally decided that the package would ship to me and I would prep, cook, and serve it at the next dinner that Tracy's church hosts for those less fortunate. What a huge gesture on David's part!! Well, as the story unfolded, I mentioned this to Joe ( CertifiedPiedmontese CertifiedPiedmontese ) as to why the package was shipping to me. I'd already discussed with Joe the logistics of trying to get it to Canada and there just wasn't any realistic way to do it so he was prepared for an alternative plan. The meat will ship to me this coming Monday and Joe is adding a bunch of other stuff to the package so there will be a much larger bounty to share with those in need. Another great gesture!! Ladies and gentlemen, this is such an amazing thing for people to do...helping a bunch of folks they have never met but are in need. From my humble perspective, the gestures on the part of David and Joe are exemplary and the personification of everything good that this forum stands for. Hats off and three cheers to two phenomenal people with huge hearts!! Thank you guys....from the bottom of my heart.

Robert

That's very cool... and great gestures all the way around!

Ryan

Wow! Now that is pretty Awesome! My friends son that took care of my hail damage is into grilling, bbq and cooking just like I am. Try to get him to give this forum a try but he says there is to much arguing in forums for him. Tried to tell him not here. Hope he gives us a try.

David ( DRKsmoking DRKsmoking ) Chris ( Chris_in_SoCal Chris_in_SoCal ) you guys are the best. Your unselfishness is sure to bring a huge smile, and a full belly to some of our most needy. Robert ( tx smoker tx smoker ) thank you and Joe ( CertifiedPiedmontese CertifiedPiedmontese ) for arranging this, and thank Tracy for the execution. What a wonderful community we have here at SMF. This was a great read to wake up to.

Chris

Reactions: bigfurmn
What a touching thing to do. My hat's off to all of you. Very nice, and I am sure very heartfelt by the recipients.

The people on this forum are...indescribable. They are the most giving, friendly, and caring group I have been involved with. I am humbled to be a very small part of this group.
One of the many things i love about this forum. so many great people doing great things for others here as well as those less fortunate. Such a fantastic group!!

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky