Third place fattie

Discussion in 'Fatties' started by jarhead1963, Aug 24, 2009.

1. jarhead1963

jarhead1963 Fire Starter

Just a quick note. I competed in an amatuer bbq cook off Friday. I had no intentions of entering the Other/Game catagory, but while cooking Brisket ,Ribs,Butt, and Chicken all day we were cooking other goodies to munch on ABT's,Fattie,Etc. "threw" together a Fattie and took a quick poll on whether we should turn it in, long story short I saved six pieces for the judges and won third place in the other catagory!! It wasn't even my best just a simple cheddar cheese Fattie wrapped in pepper bacon.

2. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Congrats my friend, never underestimate a FATTY.

3. irishteabear

irishteabear Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Cool! [​IMG] Congrats!

4. rivet

rivet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Congratulations! [​IMG]

5. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Congratulations on the win...

6. jarhead1963

jarhead1963 Fire Starter

Thanks Ya'll....and if it wasn't for the good people on here,I probably wouldn't have thought of making a fatty.

7. rio_grande

rio_grande Smoking Fanatic

Ribberfest?

8. jarhead1963

jarhead1963 Fire Starter

Yep....Backyard BBQ Blast.

9. rio_grande

rio_grande Smoking Fanatic

should have mentioned you were going, we were there, didn't compete, but were scoping out the competion.

10. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Congratulation on the 3rd place. Then to top it all off with a fattie. Like rich said never under estimate the FATTIE. Great job and did you tell everyone where you got the recipe from ? [​IMG]

11. que-ball

que-ball Smoking Fanatic

No qview--didn't happen![​IMG]

12. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

That's great! Imagine what they'll think when you go all out on a fattie.

[​IMG]for placing in your first comp.

How did you do in the other categories?

13. jarhead1963

jarhead1963 Fire Starter

Rio Grande, now that we are back in the area,we will be there every year,you should have competed,it is always a great time and the people are all good BBQ folks just like you find on here. Yes mballi3011 I told everyone willing to listen about SMF and all of the good freindly helpful people on here,and that I had discovered Fatty's here.
    Dude- A good freind of mine is the head BBQ guru in charge of the competition,he will have all of the judges results available in a couple of weeks. When I get them I will post.They use the KCBS 21 point system,just like on the pro side.
    Tim,sorry no q-view,but I can post pics of my trophy :)
    Thanks again to all at SMF....you are all great folks.

14. got14u

got14u Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

congradualations.....long live the FATTIE

15. billbo

billbo Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice job! Just think if you threw em a full fledged multi ingrediant bomber!

16. jarhead1963

jarhead1963 Fire Starter

Next year, planning the ULTIMATE fatty [​IMG].... don't know what that will be just yet, I have just under a year to figure it out LOL.