Fattie Tutorial

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Retired Spook

Smoking Fanatic
Jun 28, 2022
Somewhere in Texas
If this contest was anywhere near me I would love to do a bacon wrapped bratwurst, stuffed with sauerkraut, Jarlsberg or Gouda cheese served with some spicy mustard.
Ever tried Rolph's on Third Ave and E 22nd Street in NYC? Back in the day that was The German place to go!

Last edited:

clifish

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
Ever tried Rolph's on Third Ave and E 22nd Street in NYC? Back in the day that was The German place to go!
No, never been there, current reviews of the place are not so hot, still may check it out. Most of the ones on Long Island are not that good. Need to try Zum Stammtisch in Queens though. We mostly go to nurnberger bierhaus in lake ariel, PA when are at the PA house.

Reactions: Retired Spook

hillbillyrkstr

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Jun 11, 2013
If this contest was anywhere near me I would love to do a bacon wrapped bratwurst, stuffed with sauerkraut, Jarlsberg or Gouda cheese served with some spicy mustard.
Sounds like a great idea for an October fest fattie!

Reactions: clifish

Retired Spook

Smoking Fanatic
Jun 28, 2022
Somewhere in Texas
No, never been there, current reviews of the place are not so hot, still may check it out. Most of the ones on Long Island are not that good. Need to try Zum Stammtisch in Queens though. We mostly go to nurnberger bierhaus in lake ariel, PA when are at the PA house.
I don't trust online reviews much anymore - half the kids today were raised believing Chef Boyardee is "real Italian food."

They had some killer pork chops, they know that a brautwurst is all pork and their Wiener Schnitzel was fantastic. I had Wiener Schnitzel there with some kind of mushroom sauce it was awesome.

It was years ago so things may have changed but I would not be afraid to walk in the door if I was back home again.

And man do I miss fishing the south shore and Captree.

clifish

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
I don't trust online reviews much anymore - half the kids today were raised believing Chef Boyardee is "real Italian food."

They had some killer pork chops, they know that a brautwurst is all pork and their Wiener Schnitzel was fantastic. I had Wiener Schnitzel there with some kind of mushroom sauce it was awesome.

It was years ago so things may have changed but I would not be afraid to walk in the door if I was back home again.

And man do I miss fishing the south shore and Captree.
I have made that gravy it is called German hunters gravy....speaking of fishing, I am going on a private charter tomorrow out in Montauk. They are getting huge fluke and stripers now.

Reactions: Retired Spook

Retired Spook

Smoking Fanatic
Jun 28, 2022
Somewhere in Texas
I have made that gravy it is called German hunters gravy....speaking of fishing, I am going on a private charter tomorrow out in Montauk. They are getting huge fluke and stripers now.
Fished many days in the surf at Montauk, the False Point (stripers and blues) and Shinnecock Bay (weakfish). I miss it very much. No place in the Country, including Hawaii, comes anywhere close to the inshore fishing around south and eastern Long Island.

Catch an 8-lb Fluke for me! :emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: clifish

Hot Threads