The Gift of Grits

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Johnny Ray

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 22, 2019
Western, KY
A good friend of mine gifted me with these yesterday. I’ve never had yellow grits before so what better to have for my breakfast this morning.

AD52C812-4E3E-4497-AC88-EF6110F28788.jpeg

I cooked the grits per package instructions. Added some cubed up extra sharp white cheddar just before removing from the heat.

4A28A017-F602-4C89-B877-22F1AF6302AA.jpeg

Plated. Topped with bacon, butter and a generous dusting of black pepper.

E7A29946-D9B5-4D7A-B4DA-B7DC763FD8A6.jpeg

Man-o-Man were these good! Super rich and creamy! Next up on the menu.... Shrimp and Grits.

Johnny Ray

Now your turning into a true southern boy. I love grits but can't say I've ever had yellow grits either.

Warren
halfsmoked, born and raised in eastern NC. Moved to KY in 1994. I’ve got a lot of southern in me. Lol
Yellow grits are very good I must say.

Thanks,
JR

shrimp and grits is the s**t! never had grit till I met my wife who grew in the MS TN area. grits are great with or without cheese.

Looks good! Love grits, and they do need a little help.

If you have any leftover grits, be sure to spread flat on a cookie sheet and cool completely. Then once they’re cool, cut them in circles or squares and fry em.

Looks Tasty, never had Yellow Grits but eat white grits just about every day

Gary

Looks good! Love grits, and they do need a little help.

If you have any leftover grits, be sure to spread flat on a cookie sheet and cool completely. Then once they’re cool, cut them in circles or squares and fry em.
Never tried that unless that’s what they call fried mush. I had that once up in northern Indiana. Really liked it.

Thanks,
JR

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky