The Gift of Dino Ribs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2015
Alexandria, VA
Most here already know tx smoker tx smoker is very generous, besides being an incredible cook and fabricator. I’m extremely grateful to be gifted some amazing CPB Dino Ribs by Robert last week and today was the perfect beautiful, sunny day to smoke them. The stars aligned and I was also able to get a bunch of Morel Mushrooms for a side worthy to share the plate!

Trimmed and rubbed with simple Salt and cracked Pepper. I left a little fat.
A99EBF1B-9560-4748-B577-B0DC1B9B41FE.jpeg

Onto the smoker at 275 with blended pellets…..I can’t wait for the BelFab to get done, these deserved a stick burner!
3129354F-6832-4D9F-A8AD-EB4EE69C2128.jpeg

A little over 3 hours in, meat was bulging and pulling away from the bone real nice.
3FC1BE85-4353-486C-86A7-CC411E05AD25.jpeg

I’m not really sure, 7 hrs or so IT was 195 and I started probing, it was butter at 201.
22692B54-96FF-4422-8067-D47BFCFAACE8.jpeg

FC46B828-DAAE-4BDF-A33E-152ABB5C5DF6.jpeg

While they were resting I got the peeled and cut up potatoes into boiling water, soaked the morels, and got some asparagus blanched. Once morels were clean, sautéed with some butter (I broke the whole 30 diet for the morels), garlic and scallion, then tossed in the blanched asparagus. Morels are amazing, they kept getting picked from the pan and eaten, a really uniquely flavored mushroom.
F46CB359-FC82-4FA4-8CFC-CDC8FBD9F4CB.jpeg
3D891620-06F3-4D21-A5EF-B1978DF87FAE.jpeg
5492CF9B-74EE-450C-9506-B99B8ECCCF8D.jpeg
F5E5CBBD-C936-472E-ABF0-2A6AA720AE33.jpeg

Potatoes mashed up with truffle oil, ghee, S&P, and coconut milk (whole 30). Then moment of truth on the ribs……
1048CF5B-742E-492C-BBEF-A2002A94A30D.jpeg
502D7812-AA61-4C0D-BB6E-F23B112766A8.jpeg

B49892E8-1DB0-448C-AD07-1A7617F60751.jpeg

Beatiful smoke ring, moist, such amazing flavor. The smell of Smokey brisket on a stick filled the house.
04657801-0244-450C-87BD-40C439811894.jpeg

After a bite the meat fell off the bone and we went for sliced and plated.
07A703A2-D017-44D6-BED5-866EA40FF7A0.jpeg

Such a rich and decadent cut! CPB meat is like a baseball bat of beefy flavor! Oh man it was good! The morels and asparagus held up well and stood its ground, sharing the plate with the raging beef and creamy truffle mash. If you can, get some of that CPB beef and morels too. They are both something else entirely for flavor, wow what a meal.

Thank you Robert, my family and I truly appreciate your generosity. It was an incredible meal you provided us my friend!

Thank you for your time!

Last edited:
Looks awesome man! What a great gift and friend. You sure did those up right. I need to get out in the woods and look for some morels, we have them here but I've never run across any. Excellent job as usual. You got me craving the dinos now. This one deserves a ride on the carousel.

Last edited:
First Jed , a well deserved shout out to a great person , Robert tx smoker tx smoker for all his kind generosity.

Now about that terrible looking meal, next time put a little effort into a meal once in a while...........oh sorry that was for someone else. :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

That is one he!! of a fantastic cook and meal:emoji_astonished:, and what can I say about those ribs, great colour and texture. You did the whole plate proud. Great pictures
And your daughter says it all in her face, great ribs ...Dad

David

That's beautiful Jed! A great gift and a great meal! But I agree...the look on your daughter's face is priceless!

Ryan

• Love
Reactions: bauchjw
My favorite meat to smoke and you absolutely nailed it, great piece of work!. I'm thinking Robert will be pretty happy when he sees your cook. RAY

Wow great gift and a great cook !
Everything looks perfect Jed and look on your daughter's face confirms it!

Keith

Lucky daughter, Awesome dad.
Thank you! She’s a carnivore and loves being included on the threads🤣 I appreciate the compliment!
Looks awesome man! What a great gift and friend. You sure did those up right. I need to get out in the woods and look for some morels, we have them here but I've never run across any. Excellent job as usual. You got me craving the dinos now. This one deserves a ride on the carousel.
Thank you! I love morels, but don’t trust myself to hunt them🤣 When I was at a school in Leavenworth, KS a few years ago some hunters took me along (probably because I’m not local). It was a cool experience, a lot of understanding the fungi and land go into it. They are delicious and unique. I appreciate the compliment!
Those look amazing. Gonna have to try some of those one of these days.
Thank you Gabe, this is a must for any beef or brisket lover! I appreciate it!
First Jed , a well deserved shout out to a great person , Robert tx smoker tx smoker for all his kind generosity.

Now about that terrible looking meal, next time put a little effort into a meal once in a while...........oh sorry that was for someone else. :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

That is one he!! of a fantastic cook and meal:emoji_astonished:, and what can I say about those ribs, great colour and texture. You did the whole plate proud. Great pictures
And your daughter says it all in her face, great ribs ...Dad

David
🤣Thank you David! I appreciate the kind words and point! It was a fun cook and great meal! Robert is a great friend and supporter here, can never thank the high quality people here enough!

My daughter is a personality🤣 She loves red meat, the only food her “picky eater” gene hasn’t eliminated! I appreciate your time!

Last edited:
Wow Jed, what can I say that hasn't already been said? The whole meal looks absolutely stunning but those ribs are what it's all about my friend. That is true BBQ at it's magazine quality finest right there. That smoke ring is breathtaking as is the color you got on the ribs. Just stunning.

Thank you Robert, my family and I truly appreciate your generosity.
It was an honor and a pleasure to be even a small prat of an event like this with your family. As amazing as the meal was, that pic of your daughter stole the show. The look on her face is beyond what I can convey with my limited vocabulary but that pic needs to be framed and hung over the fireplace :emoji_wink:

Robert

Jed that meal looks absolutely fantastic! You did those beef ribs proud and the morels look delicious too!

Also, Great picture of your daughter. Her reaction is a testament of how good those ribs must have been.

The look from your daughter!!!! Love it! Amazing cook Jed! And Robert set you up nice!
The you Steve! She enjoyed them! Robert definitely set me up, pretty special meal! I appreciate it!
That's beautiful Jed! A great gift and a great meal! But I agree...the look on your daughter's face is priceless!

Ryan
🤣 Thank you Ryan! She enjoyed the rib!!! I appreciate it!
You nailed it!! What a great meal
Thank you!
Great looking meal,
I appreciate it Jim!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky