Thanks Inkbird

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
Northeast pa
Just wanted to thank Inkbird for this nice gift, won it last week and got it today, fast delivery! can't wait to try it but first i'll have to do some reading, I never used one of these before. Thanks again Inkbird and SMF. Jim
20191021_152829_resized (1) - Copy.jpg

Let me know how your first cook goes! I got one last month after inkbird made me an offer couldn't refuse and haven't gotten a chance to use it yet. Several helpful guys have given me advice on SV hoping to use it here soon!

Wow that's one spiffy promo gift! Let us know how it goes.
(Personally right now the idea of SV seems kind of unappetizing to me).
#ChangeMyMind :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: smokerjim
so far I have done bear's beef round recipe for 21 hours at 132 deg and it was awesome. My favorite so far is to smoke a tri-tip to 110 deg then freeze it. That way during the week I can SV it to 125 deg and reverse sear on the grill. It is great when I don't the time during the week to set up and babysit the smoker for a few hours.

I like mine, got a great offer from them and could not resist.
Let me know how your first cook goes! I got one last month after inkbird made me an offer couldn't refuse and haven't gotten a chance to use it yet. Several helpful guys have given me advice on SV hoping to use it here soon!
I think I got the same offer but passed, thinking how much would I actually use it and most important how to use it, oh well guess i'll have to learn now!

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
it is quite a nice gift, hopefully all goes well

so far I have done bear's beef round recipe for 21 hours at 132 deg and it was awesome. My favorite so far is to smoke a tri-tip to 110 deg then freeze it. That way during the week I can SV it to 125 deg and reverse sear on the grill. It is great when I don't the time during the week to set up and babysit the smoker for a few hours.
yeah I was already looking through some of bear's sv cooks, looks like i'll need to get a vac pac now, unless there are special bags I can use, this will definitely be a learning experience.

You are off and runnin' now Smokerjim! Sous Vide is absolutely the best way to cook any steak to perfection, I like mine done at 129º. You can get your char from your grill, a red hot CI skillet, or my favorite method, use a blow torch. I got mine a year or so back and learned a lot from watching YouTube videos. One of the best aspects of Sous Vide is being able to heat up leftovers without overcooking them. Good luck, and enjoy! RAY

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
You are off and runnin' now Smokerjim! Sous Vide is absolutely the best way to cook any steak to perfection, I like mine done at 129º. You can get your char from your grill, a red hot CI skillet, or my favorite method, use a blow torch. I got mine a year or so back and learned a lot from watching YouTube videos. One of the best aspects of Sous Vide is being able to heat up leftovers without overcooking them. Good luck, and enjoy! RAY
thanks Ray, I've been reading a lot of good about these things, BLOW TORCH, now were talking:emoji_grin:

Strictly my opinion here. SV is a useful tool but not an all-in replacement.

I disagree with SV steak, pan or grill is my preferred, but to each their own. I've had amazing meat of all types and can be used in conjunction with other cooking styles. On a time crunch for a friends b-day, I smoked a pork butt to 160 after work then SV for 18hrs(?) @160. Fall-apart tender and all ofthe smokey juices held in the bag. I separated the fat from the drippings and added back to the shredded meat. Then rebagged and SV back up to temp for the party. I can really see benefits for party-planning.

Also great for meal-prep. I'll sometimes season and vac-pac meat kinda like a crockpot meal. Wife or me can toss in the sv and have dinner ready for tomorrow when we get home. Can't see it inthe pic, but I also include approximate cooking times on the package. Through I have had to alter that a bit, longer cooking required when right from the deep-freezer.
20191021_182208.jpg

Fondue/hotpot
20190223_135346_1550958859871.jpg 20190223_174657_1550974736194.jpg

Strictly my opinion here. SV is a useful tool but not an all-in replacement.
yeah what i've been reading people use the sv for steaks then throw them on the grill for a few minutes,(or blow torch) I won't really know until I actually try it, I will be sure to post what I think.

Reactions: S-met
What temp and time do you do your chicken breasts at?

135 for 2-3 hours.
Usually put a little butter & lemon juice in the bag, also have used Montreal chicken seasoning. They come out so moist & tender you won't believe it. Cube them up & make a fantastic chicken salad! Or just slice them up & enjoy!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky