Replacdment for Inkbird I-BBQ-4T ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
hey Y'all,
Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq
As posted earlier, the usb plug on my IBBQ-4T melted severely. It wasn't new, by far, and pretty sure not in warranty. It is dead. With all the hoo-ha on lithium ion batteries on phones, skate things and other things igniting on the news, I'm a little concerned. I contacted Inkbird Inkbird thru their website support and haven't even received acknowledgement of my support ticket. Wasn't expecting a free unit replacement as it is over 1.5 years old.
I would have been happy for a 50% amazon code and then move on. Now I'm concerned it might be an inherent issue with the batteries used. I've got other Inkbird toys and have never had an issue.
Now the biggie. does anybody know of a similar unit that has WIFI connectivity? Bluetooth sucks, and I got used to being able to monitor my cook if I had to step out. AM I just being a grumpy old F$%^ker, or should I move on? I'm so tired of shtity support, across the spectrum. I'm currently in a feud with a major TV supplier so it just burrs my saddle a little more. there's currently a 30% coupon on amazon for a new unit.
Slab or ribs going on with the help of a really old thermoworks unit.
That's all
Thanks
John

Reactions: JLeonard
I have a four probe inkbird sitting on the shelf. I used it once or twice when I bought it, and it hasn't seen the light of day since. I'm not one to do overnight cooks, and am fairly confident in knowing how my kettles run. So I really only rely on my inkbird instant read thermometer and my knowledge from past cooks. I do have one of those 5.00 grocery store oven thermometers sitting on the grate and use it and the lid therm to tell me if my coals start running away on me in either direction.

Chris

I bought a Govee WiFi Meat Thermometer with 4 Probe for a backup. Not really used it. They have a $40 off coupon right now on amazon.
Checked out the Govee unit. looks to be another chinese knockoff of Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq that might invite all new wifi connectivity issues with their app. it would be a ton better if Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq would respond to my support request.
thank you or the tip.

Wow a 15-year-old item and you are looking for a replacement or warranty of some type.
Heck, you don't get that on a $70,000 dollar car.

Warren

My 4T battery quit working just past the warranty date. I didnt care for it anyway because always had connectivity issues when starting it up. They told me too bad, so sorry and gave me a link to buy another. I probably only used it about 4 times in a year. Disappointed all around for me. Others love them and have had no issues. I have 4 hardly used probes if anyone is in need, send me a msg. I ended up buying the thermapen signals for a replacement. I think I got a bum battery on this one too. It only lasts for one smoke but it is both wi fi and bluetooth and connects to your phone. It is pricey, but is on sale now for $169. Their thermapen one is one of the best out there for instant read.

Hey halfsmoked, you missed the period between the 1 & 5.

This has been flawless and has excellent range.

This has been flawless and has excellent range.

$36 on Amazon Prime right now.

Not sure on your budget but I love my Fireboard. I actually have two of them both of which I bought used. Great Bluetooth and also cloud connectivity.

hey Y'all,
Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq
As posted earlier, the usb plug on my IBBQ-4T melted severely. It wasn't new, by far, and pretty sure not in warranty. It is dead. With all the hoo-ha on lithium ion batteries on phones, skate things and other things igniting on the news, I'm a little concerned. I contacted Inkbird Inkbird thru their website support and haven't even received acknowledgement of my support ticket. Wasn't expecting a free unit replacement as it is over 1.5 years old.
I would have been happy for a 50% amazon code and then move on. Now I'm concerned it might be an inherent issue with the batteries used. I've got other Inkbird toys and have never had an issue.
Now the biggie. does anybody know of a similar unit that has WIFI connectivity? Bluetooth sucks, and I got used to being able to monitor my cook if I had to step out. AM I just being a grumpy old F$%^ker, or should I move on? I'm so tired of shtity support, across the spectrum. I'm currently in a feud with a major TV supplier so it just burrs my saddle a little more. there's currently a 30% coupon on amazon for a new unit.
Slab or ribs going on with the help of a really old thermoworks unit.
That's all
Thanks
John
I'm done with Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq
9 days later i get a reply after I explained in my best Chinglish that my USB port melted off and could have caught fire. I get a reply telling me they don't cover cables and perhaps I should go to the store and buy a new cord. Then they asked if I would like to upgrade to their new unit because they're looking for reviews. I replied with a picture of my incinerated plug. Unfortunately, I had already counted my request as a lost cause. I ordered a new unit with a 30% discount. Will test it for one cook and return it if it gives me any shit. I don't do bluetooth as it's worthless if I have to stay within 30' of my smoker. I did get spoiled with wifi being able to check my temps while at lowes or wherever. It seems they have evolved into another chinese company. that's all.
water under the bridge and money spent. over and out.

inkbird plug melt.jpg

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky