Thank you nepas!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Maybe a dumb azz question But with a curing cabinet I know the trick is to keep the humidity up, but that controller says it for a dehumidifier...will it work both ways?

I asked nepas the same question.. He said it will work both ways. plug the humidifier in the dehum plug.

Craig

Very cool - I really need to find a way to build one so I can do sausage right - just need to find the time to get it done

Hey Dan!!

I talked to the hydrooasis tech guy today. Alex..  He said that will work for sure wether hydrating or dehydrating..  Sorts like the MES..set and forget.

Craig

Cool Craig! But I never doubted Nepas for a moment. LOL

I need to seriously look into this, thanks for the feedback.

Cool Craig! But I never doubted Nepas for a moment. LOL

I need to seriously look into this, thanks for the feedback.
I didn't either..I placed the order and didn't get any kind of confirmation or a tracking number.

I called to be sure they were sending it. Then got gabby with the guy on the phone.

Craig

Hi guys.  I got my AIR2 in and was doing a test run.  I set it up in my old Bradley Smoker that the heating element is burned out on.  The smoke generator still works, so that is my heat source.  Ambient temp about 60 F.    Wanted an internal chamber temp of 100.  When setting the temp on the Air2 it would not activate the outlet (green light on) except for settings about 55 degrees or below.  I know the instructions stated the temp plug is for exhaust fan/AC,  but was hoping the temp controller would work with heat also.  (Like with humidifier/dehumidifier discussion above.)     I plugged the Bradley into a wall  outlet and preheated it to 100, then plugged it into back into the AIR 2.   Set it at 100 and waited.   The heat source remained on and temperature steadily climbed to 125 which is about the usual temp in the Bradley with just the smoke generator burning.  Outlet remained on the whole time.  

Do you gents use a heat source plugged into the AIR 2 or just a cooling source?  If using heat source, what kind of "work around" have you found to try to make the unit increase heat instead of reduce it?  

I suppose I could just have a constant heat source and add an exhaust fan, but was hoping not to have to have heat source on constantly then have a cooling fan to regulate the temp.  

replies appreciated.  

Brad

Mine is still in the box..so I can't help you.

Nepas may stop by or call the company...they were fairly chatty when I called them.

Craig

Mine is still in the box..so I can't help you.

Nepas may stop by or call the company...they were fairly chatty when I called them.

Craig
Man, you have more willpower than me, old friend.  I get a new toy, I gots to try it out.    The Bradley is not my ultimate curing chamber, but I have some Venison Thuringer that I'm gonna have to smoke in a couple days and will probably use that.   Instructions stress that during the initial 8-10 hour smoke, the temp should not be above 100 F.  

Man, you have more willpower than me, old friend.  I get a new toy, I gots to try it out.    The Bradley is not my ultimate curing chamber, but I have some Venison Thuringer that I'm gonna have to smoke in a couple days and will probably use that.   Instructions stress that during the initial 8-10 hour smoke, the temp should not be above 100 F.  
Hahahahha..it is not willpower that slows the project..  I am going to use a soft drink/dessert type cooler and I know where it is...

Just have to make some space for it. I was thinking of putting it at Raptors place..he has lots of room.

Prolly have to lock it tho...hahahhahhahahahhaha

Craig

Do you gents use a heat source plugged into the AIR 2 or just a cooling source?  If using heat source, what kind of "work around" have you found to try to make the unit increase heat instead of reduce it?  

I suppose I could just have a constant heat source and add an exhaust fan, but was hoping not to have to have heat source on constantly then have a cooling fan to regulate the temp.  

replies appreciated.  

Brad

I'd be interested in an answer to this too as I was thinking of setting up a chamber in the garage this winter and using heat to moderate the temps. Or maybe they make one that works the opposite way using heating instead of cooling. Hmmm ........more research

Last edited:
It sounds like all you need is a humidifier & an old fridge with this & your set to go, right Craig?

I can taste real pepperoni already coming out of that baby!

It sounds like all you need is a humidifier & an old fridge with this & your set to go, right Craig?

I can taste real pepperoni already coming out of that baby!
I like the idea of using the drink/dessert type cooler...Has glass doors all the way around,no freezer and a built in fan!!

I saw a huge one at work in a place that makes some very high end sausage.  http://www.starprovisions.com/

Would be nice to be able to see it without opening the door.

Have a great day!!

Craig

Last edited:
I like the idea of using the drink/dessert type cooler...Has glass doors all the way around,no freezer and a built in fan!!

I saw a huge one at work in a place that makes some very high end sausage.  http://www.starprovisions.com/

Would be nice to be able to see it without opening the door.

Have a great day!!

Craig

I like that idea too Craig, but to answer my question. If I have a refrigerator, this device & a humidifier. Then I plug the fridge in one outlet & the humidifier in the other & I'm good to go right?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky