TASSO

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fishwrestler

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 4, 2010
Loomis,CA

With all the Tasso post I decided to give it a try.
I cut up 5 lbs of deboned pork butt and used len poli's recipe. The only thing I changed was instead of cayenne I used I used 1 tsp of Alder Smoked Red Jalapenos from aldersmoked,com. I am going to let it cure until Saturday  or Sunday.

Watching.

I used the Len Poli recipe too

Last edited:
FW, I'm in !
popcorn.gif

Checked on this this morning and the alder smoked Jalapeno is adding a great aroma. I hope it doesn't make it to hot

pulled out of cure after 5 days and the inside looks like a ham.

Started the smoker on low and put the meat in to hang and dry , outside temps are 37 degs so i figure after one hour i will up the heat and smomke to it unti it gets to 143 internal

Not sure how I missed this one!  Looks like it came out perfectly.

If you make a pot of beans with it, put the tasso in and let it simmer with the beans for a while before you add any spices or seasonings.  You'll be amazed at just how much the tasso adds on its own.

Tasso Pizza Off the Hook

Used some Naan bread and made some pizza last night. This stuff is fantastic.. We have been just slicing and eating , but a whole new flavor dimension when used with other food.

Now that's something I'll try when the boy is in town for Christmas!  He and the bride love to make homemade pizza and some tasso on it sounds good!

Tasso Pizza Off the Hook

Used some Naan bread and made some pizza last night. This stuff is fantastic.. We have been just slicing and eating , but a whole new flavor dimension when used with other food.

Thats a fine looking pizza! I am impressed and I have been to two rodeos and three calf ropin's! Nice looking pizza. 

Let us know what cut of beef and how you like it please.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky