Stuffed Crab lots of pics Repaired 7/23/18

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Started on Thursday caught 9 crabs only,but they were good size Jersey Blue Claws
crabs.jpg

Boiled for 6 minutes

View media item 418323
View media item 418324
Wive picked the meat out for the stuffing
100_4439.JPG

stuffing mix
100_4440.JPG

all sauteed together then the crab added when it cooled
100_4442.JPG

Stuffed back into the top shell
100_4465.JPG

had some extra so Wive made Wontons
wontons.jpg

Made the batter for the Crabs
stuffed.jpg
Coat the stuffed crab

View media item 418341
Fry in oil

View media item 418342
Make them brown on the out side
cookedcrabs.jpg

Thanks for looking

Richie

Last edited:
Thanks guys nice thing about these is,you can use the canned crab meat to make the wontons.

Richie

EDIT:: I was typing her earlier and lost my connection.

You are my new bestest buddy!

Those look great and the stuffing perfect with not too much bell pepper..... Oh yes.

There must be something wrong with my computer, I can't quite make out that recipe.

Its bleau crab time here also, do you like grilled? ZOMG!!!!!

Pull the back shell and the lower apron, clean the inside, baste with a bit of butter, garlic and lemon. I oft time have just done a quick clean, then on a stick (like a hotdog) and a bit of "Cajun Power". Build a little fire and do that while out flounder gigging..... throw in a ice cold beer.... I really expect heaven to be quit similar, like I'll ever see it....LOL

Oh yeah, "Cajun Power" should be on every shelf next to the "Tony's". Amazon carries it if you shop at a limited grocery.

http://www.cajunpowersauce.com/

Looks good from here!!

I'm waiting for the dungeness season to reopen here in CA. I'll be smoking crab for Thanksgiving and Xmas.

Richie... That is awesome.
points.gif

Joe
Joe thank you they were a big hit at the BBQ.I was right no chance getting a pic of the inside.Thanks for the point I appreciate it.

Richie

EDIT:: I was typing her earlier and lost my connection.

You are my new bestest buddy!

Those look great and the stuffing perfect with not too much bell pepper..... Oh yes.

There must be something wrong with my computer, I can't quite make out that recipe.

Its bleau crab time here also, do you like grilled? ZOMG!!!!!

Pull the back shell and the lower apron, clean the inside, baste with a bit of butter, garlic and lemon. I oft time have just done a quick clean, then on a stick (like a hotdog) and a bit of "Cajun Power". Build a little fire and do that while out flounder gigging..... throw in a ice cold beer.... I really expect heaven to be quit similar, like I'll ever see it....LOL

Oh yeah, "Cajun Power" should be on every shelf next to the "Tony's". Amazon carries it if you shop at a limited grocery.

http://www.cajunpowersauce.com/
Kevin thanks for the point and the reminder,I didn't realize I did not post it.I never did grill them but that is a good idea,and to stay bestest buddy.

This recipe I put some shrimp 

STUFFED CRABS

2 dozen blue claw crabs
(clean, wash & save the top shell)
10 jumbo shrimps (peeled and chopped) This is optional
1 onion (diced)
2 garlic cloves (diced)
2 medium large tomatoes (diced)
1 can white potatoes (diced)
1 egg
salt & pepper 

For batter: egg, milk, flour & bread crumbs (thick enough to cover the crab meat mixture)

Boil crabs, pick all the meat out  
Saute onion, garlic then add tomatoes, cook for 2 minutes, then add the potatoes, cook for 1 minute
Add shrimps, cook for 1  minute (This is optional)
Then add the crab meat after everything has cooled a little.
Let it cool, then add the egg as a binder, salt & pepper.
Stuff the top shell with the crab meat mixture, make the batter coat mixture
In a large skillet heat 1/2  inch olive oil.  
Spoon the batter coat mixture on top of the crab meat mixture to cover it.
Place the crabs batter side down, fry until its golden brown
Enjoy.

Extra filling can be used to make pot stickers

Thanks again Richie

Looks like some meaty #2's. Granny made these several times a week. We would cull out jumbo's and one would fill you up. Rewards of working for the families seafood business.
Most of these were 6" or better.Thanks for dropping a line.

Richie

Richie, those babies look delicious and the wontons look out of this world sir !
points.gif
CM thanks I like the wontons you can make them all year,don't need shells.Do you get them up your way?Thanks for the point 

Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky