• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Strip roast going for a spin

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Well for $5.25# I had to try this on the rotisserie! It's a little over five pounds and it's dry brined and sitting in the fridge for Sunday. Going to keep it simple SPOG and thick worchestshire sauce,not sure on wood type yet.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Great price. Going to be yummy for sure.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
MMMMM!

Can't wait to see this!

Al

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Looks good! Cooking low temp?
I just fill two charcoal baskets and put them on the outer edges of the kettle. The only things I have spun before are ribs,TT and a pork butt. The lid therm is uncalibrated and I haven't bothered trying to stick my Maverick in there as everything has cooked well,so far,in my opinion.:biggrin:

smokinadam

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 31, 2013
I just fill two charcoal baskets and put them on the outer edges of the kettle. The only things I have spun before are ribs,TT and a pork butt. The lid therm is uncalibrated and I haven't bothered trying to stick my Maverick in there as everything has cooked well,so far,in my opinion.:biggrin:
completely agree with how well they work and cook! I door the exact same as you but did not see the other basket why I asked if cooking low. I'm here waiting :popcorn

Last edited:

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Carried over to 135. It tasted good but I'll stick to steaks in the future,there just better color equals flavor!:biggrin:
I was pretty sure this would turn out this way to much like prime rib and of course it did,nothing ventured nothing gained! It's fine I'll just keep spinning the cheaper Tri tips!

fwismoker

Master of the Pit
Joined Dec 31, 2012
It looks fantastic!  I was thinking something similar on my 007 with a flat iron steak and then searing over the fire.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.