Strip roast going for a spin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 31, 2014
Michigan
Well for $5.25# I had to try this on the rotisserie! It's a little over five pounds and it's dry brined and sitting in the fridge for Sunday. Going to keep it simple SPOG and thick worchestshire sauce,not sure on wood type yet.

Last edited:
Looks good! Cooking low temp?

I just fill two charcoal baskets and put them on the outer edges of the kettle. The only things I have spun before are ribs,TT and a pork butt. The lid therm is uncalibrated and I haven't bothered trying to stick my Maverick in there as everything has cooked well,so far,in my opinion.:biggrin:

I just fill two charcoal baskets and put them on the outer edges of the kettle. The only things I have spun before are ribs,TT and a pork butt. The lid therm is uncalibrated and I haven't bothered trying to stick my Maverick in there as everything has cooked well,so far,in my opinion.:biggrin:
completely agree with how well they work and cook! I door the exact same as you but did not see the other basket why I asked if cooking low. I'm here waiting :popcorn

Last edited:
Carried over to 135. It tasted good but I'll stick to steaks in the future,there just better color equals flavor!:biggrin:
I was pretty sure this would turn out this way to much like prime rib and of course it did,nothing ventured nothing gained! It's fine I'll just keep spinning the cheaper Tri tips!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky