Strangest/weirdest thing you've smoked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drakkar, Aug 19, 2008.

1. drakkar

drakkar Fire Starter

The title pretty much says it all! Besides the normal-ish smoked items, what have you all smoked or grilled? Anything outside the norm ... like bread .... coffee beans?

I'm all ears for ideas ..... and being newer to smoking, things that sound crazy to me may be a common smoke I was unaware of. Plus it'll be cool to hear what people have thought of to smoke.

Fire away everyone.

2. bbqgoddess

bbqgoddess Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

So far...I did cherries for the bourbon lemonade that coyote posted a while back...that was yummy...and I did some plums, they cam out yummy too...warm on top of vanilla ice cream with a little Chambord drizzled on top..not too out there...

boboso likes this.
  3. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I cold smoke a lot of home mixed spices...pepper, seasoned salts etc.. These aren't abnormal, but I smoke nuts, olives, honey, cheeses, peppers...

I smoked a twinkie once, it wasn't very good.[​IMG]

boboso likes this.
  4. bbq bubba

bbq bubba Master of the Pit OTBS Member

On the smoker, or other......? [​IMG]

5. jackgt

jackgt Newbie

Well this one time in college...

6. drakkar

drakkar Fire Starter

Grilled or smoked. I'll have to edit my 1st post to mention that. =o)

7. drakkar

drakkar Fire Starter

lol Do you recall what you smoked it with?

8. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

It was probably hickory, I had the smoker going and couldn't resist throwing it in too. [​IMG]

Friends threaten to throw road kill on my smoker, but I have to draw the line somewhere. [​IMG] lol

9. jackgt

jackgt Newbie

Just being a smarty. Pizza is probably as weird as I've gone in the smoker. I pretty much stick to the traditional stuff. Snapped my pizza stone last time though; time for a new one!

10. fatback joe

fatback joe Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I suppose Gator tail and frog legs would be it for me..........I guess apples might be little weird also for the smoker.

11. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

ahhhh.........THIS topic got revived again........if i remember correctly, the last time this was brought up, was about a 5-6 pager in answers.......lolol

frozen burrito, spam, salt, olives, nuts.

i believe some of the previous anwers were.........gum, twinkie, ummmm

12. fatback joe

fatback joe Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Jeez........just play along........it isn't like we are finishing stuff in the oven. [​IMG]

13. Well, I used to go to a lot of Grateful Dead concerts durring the late 80's and early 90's.........[​IMG] Is the statute of limitations up yet? Can I talk about this? Wait! Is thay guy following me?

Dave

14. twistertail

twistertail Smoking Fanatic

soon to be opossum

15. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

16. ibsmoking

ibsmoking Smoke Blower

I can't remember [​IMG] who smoked frozen burritos but said they turn out great.

17. div

div Smoking Fanatic

a clover cigarette

18. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

[​IMG] oh, definantly an "other"

19. i guess mine would have to be goat.didnt tell anyone what it was and everyone loved it til i told them what they were eating.also that stuff that was smoked in a hookah pipe once that had me chanting with indians.

20. drakkar

drakkar Fire Starter

Ohhhhhhh ..... ya ..... I didn't get that at first. lol Guess the other had the best of me. lol