Strangest/weirdest thing you've smoked

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

drakkar

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
The title pretty much says it all! Besides the normal-ish smoked items, what have you all smoked or grilled? Anything outside the norm ... like bread .... coffee beans?

I'm all ears for ideas ..... and being newer to smoking, things that sound crazy to me may be a common smoke I was unaware of. Plus it'll be cool to hear what people have thought of to smoke.

Fire away everyone.

So far...I did cherries for the bourbon lemonade that coyote posted a while back...that was yummy...and I did some plums, they cam out yummy too...warm on top of vanilla ice cream with a little Chambord drizzled on top..not too out there...

Reactions: boboso
I cold smoke a lot of home mixed spices...pepper, seasoned salts etc.. These aren't abnormal, but I smoke nuts, olives, honey, cheeses, peppers...

I smoked a twinkie once, it wasn't very good.
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

Reactions: boboso
Grilled or smoked. I'll have to edit my 1st post to mention that. =o)

It was probably hickory, I had the smoker going and couldn't resist throwing it in too.
biggrin.gif

Friends threaten to throw road kill on my smoker, but I have to draw the line somewhere.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
lol

Just being a smarty. Pizza is probably as weird as I've gone in the smoker. I pretty much stick to the traditional stuff. Snapped my pizza stone last time though; time for a new one!

I suppose Gator tail and frog legs would be it for me..........I guess apples might be little weird also for the smoker.

ahhhh.........THIS topic got revived again........if i remember correctly, the last time this was brought up, was about a 5-6 pager in answers.......lolol

frozen burrito, spam, salt, olives, nuts.

i believe some of the previous anwers were.........gum, twinkie, ummmm

i guess mine would have to be goat.didnt tell anyone what it was and everyone loved it til i told them what they were eating.also that stuff that was smoked in a hookah pipe once that had me chanting with indians.

Ohhhhhhh ..... ya ..... I didn't get that at first. lol Guess the other had the best of me. lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky