St.Louis ribs, beer-can burgers, potato skins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Well it took long enough, but we finally had our spring in Vt. Yesterday and today the temps topped out in the high 40's. Tonight into Friday they're calling for a Nor-Easter so spring offically lasted two days.

To start our spring season I broke out the 22" Kettle/Vortex combo to statisfy our wing needs.

DSC00906.JPG

...and before I could get a good shot - poof. Most of them had disappeared.

DSC00911.JPG

Tossed in some Franks-n-butter. ummmm so gooood.
DSC00910.JPG

Thursdays meal was meant to satisfy another craving, and make use of the 26" real-estate.
DSC00912.JPG

Three huge beer-can burgers(stuffed with ham, smoked cheddar, pepperoni, pizza sauce, and bacon. Along with a rack of ribs for the misses, two burgers for the pup, some potato skins with bacon and smoked cheddar, and round ball of seasoned burger wrapped in bacon(it was an unintended leftover).

Off the kettle shot:
DSC00915.JPG

...and sliced:

DSC00916.JPG

My little buddy Skidmark. He was one happy camper today.
DSC00908.JPG

Ahh life is good. Until winter starts up again tonight. Enjoy your evening folks. I've got to go prep the snowblower.

Chris.

Nice....Glad you were able to get a cook in when it warmed up for you guys...but....burgers for the dog???

First time I've ever seen someone cook a burger for their dog.

I like your dog skidmark BTW....great name!
My buddy had a brittany that had one big brown patch down both legs to the knee and over her rump.....named her 'Britches'.....

... but....burgers for the dog???
When he stated "pups" I thought that was the children?
Well, "Pet Parents" consider them as family.

Exceptional feeds off the kettle.

We have above freezing temps this week, but a nasty head cold has left me no ambition to cook something I cannot taste and appreciate.

It all looks really good to me.

Weather warmed up around here for a couple of days and now it's supposed to drop in temperature and rain. The first few warm days of the year get me thinking about bbq. I could smell a few grills going yesterday when I was out walking the dog.

I gotta try making up those beer can burgers soon.

Reactions: Walchit
Nice....Glad you were able to get a cook in when it warmed up for you guys...but....burgers for the dog???

I like your dog skidmark BTW....great name!
My buddy had a brittany that had one big brown patch down both legs to the knee and over her rump.....named her 'Britches'.....

Thanks for the like Inda. I always try to include something for skidmark whenever I fire up the grill or smoker. Usually it's the same thing we're eating - it just doesn't have any seasonings mixed in. Skid has a tuff of brown fur on his rear-end.

This happens to us all. the. time. :) Everything looks awesome!

Thanks Sunny, it felt good to get outside and cook again.

Chris

Chris, Nice smoke ,awesome looking goodies. Spring is over here too, 63 last friday and a foot of heavy wet snow today !

Ha!! India, it's clear you've never been to my place. My old hound ALWAYS gets something cooked for her whenever I fire up the smoker. However, Roxy would have been really PO'd about the lack of smoked cheddar on HER burger. LOL
Gary

When he stated "pups" I thought that was the children?
Well, "Pet Parents" consider them as family.

Exceptional feeds off the kettle.

We have above freezing temps this week, but a nasty head cold has left me no ambition to cook something I cannot taste and appreciate.

Thanks Fueling, sorry about the head cold it's tough to enjoy anything while fighting one of those off. The kiddo's have all moved out so it's only skidmark, the wife and I.

It all looks really good to me.

Weather warmed up around here for a couple of days and now it's supposed to drop in temperature and rain. The first few warm days of the year get me thinking about bbq. I could smell a few grills going yesterday when I was out walking the dog.

I gotta try making up those beer can burgers soon.

Thanks ksblazer, give the burgers a try. You can stuff them with anything you like. I got two meals out of each of the ones I made.

Chris

Chris, Nice smoke ,awesome looking goodies. Spring is over here too, 63 last friday and a foot of heavy wet snow today !

Thanks for the kind words and like Crazy. The Nor'easter they were predicting only dropped about 4" at my house so we lucked out. Originally they were saying 2 feet.

Excellent Looking Vittles!!!
All looks Mighty Tasty From the Den!!
Like.

Bear

Thanks bear. It wasn't the fanciest feast, but it did satisfy my craving for Q. Thanks for the like also.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky