The first annual Northern VT. Bacon Cheese Burger Gathering!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm thinking that when it comes BLT time at my house I'm gonna have Chris do the bacon weave!
Jim

Ask and thee shall recieve: The bacon-weave, lettuce, tomato and cheddar BLTC

1617204787546.png

Reactions: Bearcarver
Awe shucks Jim, thanks

Chris

That looks Freaking Awesome, Chris!!!
I guess you know what it's life expectancy would be here at the Den!!
Nice Job, Buddy!!
Like.

Bear

That looks Freaking Awesome, Chris!!!
I guess you know what it's life expectancy would be here at the Den!!
Nice Job, Buddy!!
Like.

Bear

Thanks John, it was good, but the next time I'm doubling up on the bacon. Thanks for the like also.

Chris

Thanks John, it was good, but the next time I'm doubling up on the bacon. Thanks for the like also.

Chris

LOL---That's something we should automatically do all the time.
Every time I choose not to double up on the Bacon, I wish I would have!

Bear

• Haha
Reactions: gmc2003
Wow, going to try that bacon weave on a burger! Wife's German potato salad looks to be made with mayo? We have always had a vinegar based German salad.

Obviously you must be a transplanted NYer with your Rangers avatar and the Yankees beer holder?

LOL---That's something we should automatically do all the time.
Every time I choose not to double up on the Bacon, I wish I would have!

Bear

Ain't that the truth John. I did manage to sneak the last square into a grilled cheese sandwich the next day. Boy was that good.

Wow, going to try that bacon weave on a burger! Wife's German potato salad looks to be made with mayo? We have always had a vinegar based German salad.

Obviously you must be a transplanted NYer with your Rangers avatar and the Yankees beer holder?

Thanks Clifish. My mom's German potato salad was vinegar based, however my wives version is mayo based. She adds the mayo after the heating process. She likes to eat it while it's still warm. I prefer it chilled in the fridge for a while. Do try the weave on a burger it's fantasic!!!

Yup, born in Bay-ridge Brooklyn on Gatling place. Then we moved to Ithaca for a short spell. I still have cousins living in Long Island.

Chris

Ain't that the truth John. I did manage to sneak the last square into a grilled cheese sandwich the next day. Boy was that good.

Thanks Clifish. My mom's German potato salad was vinegar based, however my wives version is mayo based. She adds the mayo after the heating process. She likes to eat it while it's still warm. I prefer it chilled in the fridge for a while. Do try the weave on a burger it's fantasic!!!

Yup, born in Bay-ridge Brooklyn on Gatling place. Then we moved to Ithaca for a short spell. I still have cousins living in Long Island.

Chris
Yeah my moms is vinegar based could be served warm or cold. I would love your wife's recipe on her version.

Yeah I can't wait to get off the Island. My son now lives in NH teaching PE/health and my daughter is now in College at East Carolina Univ. It remains where we will end up, we built a house in PA last year so that my be the first step.

My wives potato salad recipe. I'm not totally sure if she got it from her mother, the internet or a cook book. I think it was her mother, but either way I like it.

Potatoes - Judging by the bag about 2.5 to 3 pounds. Peel slice into mouth sized chunks and boil to tender.

Sauce - Dice up one medium onion and toss in sauce pot at medium heat add one egg and begin to scramble. Once scrambled add 1.5 cups of milk. Salt and pepper to taste. Then add one teaspoon of corn starch and stir constantly. Bring to a slow boil. When it starts looking like scrambled eggs remove from heat and let it cool.

Once the sauce has cooled some, then add mayonnaise in equal parts to the milk(if you used one cup of milk then add one cup of mayo). Stir until fully blended.

Add a heaping tablespoon of parsley, one cup of diced celery and stir. Once blended add potatoes and fold over until full coated and mixed in with the sauce.

Serve right away for warm, or place in the refridge to serve cold.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky