Big Shot Glass Burgers (miniature beer can burgers)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2016
Central Missouri
Had some friends over this evening for a quick BBQ. Decided to have a little fun and made big shot glass burgers (Texas sized shot glass - think small juice glass). This only requires about 5.5 oz. of burger as compared to the 16 oz. for the original beer can burgers (look it up on YouTube...12 MM views!) Everybody got to build their own. The ladies all stuffed their with jalapeno artichoke dip, one guy did cheese only, another did cheese and a little andouille sausage, I did a lot of andouille sausage, cheese and jalapeno's. Hickory smoked at 325 for about an hour.

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

I'd not heard of beer can burgers prior to this thread, but these looked so delicious I had to try them. There are a bunch of recipes online for inspiration, including the ones given above.

The folks we had coming over for dinner all had different tastes, so no one recipe would make everyone happy. I ended up making three varieties; from top, sautéed mushrooms and Swiss cheese; tomato, basil, and home-smoked cheddar cheese; and adobo sauce, sautéed onion and jalapeño, tomatillo salsa, and Mexican blend cheese.

I didn't get any pics of the preparation, but I also scaled down from the full-size beer can burgers. I found a glass in the kitchen that was just right to use with 8 ounce balls of ground beef. Starting with very cold beef and a chilled glass sprayed with PAM made the molding easy, and I'd pre-sautéed the fillings before the guests arrived. I used two strips of bacon around each burger, held in place with toothpicks. I grilled these over indirect heat, it took a little under an hour to get them to an internal temp of about 150F. A little higher than I'd normally go for a burger, but I wanted to get the bacon a little more done before serving. I rested them for 5 minutes or so before serving.

People dove in so fast I didn't get any pictures of the burgers on the buns. The reviews were uniformly positive--everyone loved them! No leftovers
IMG_2960.jpeg

Screen Shot 2023-09-04 at 8.22.46 AM.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky