South Florida Spring Gathering - Apr. 28-30 W/Pics . ("You Missed It" )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm getting excited about the gathering. As it stands now, I'll be coming over thrusday, and my buddy Tony is coming over Friday night. I'm going to bring over a batch of Brunswick stew. I'm also thinking of bringing over a couple of pork cushions to make some Cuban pulled pork in by slow cooker. Tony is byinging over studs to make some of his wonderful poppers on Saturday, he, I, or both of us will whip y'all sass in the rib cook-off!

sounds good Steve... well.. most of it... I think you may of fell and hit your head tho.... "he, I, or both of us will whip y'all sass in the rib cook-off!" ... should somebody call 911 for ya ??? :biggrin:

Oh yea.. what site do you have so I can fill it in on first page ?? site 80 is open and site 86 is as well ...

Last edited:
sounds good Steve... well.. most of it... I think you may of fell and hit your head tho.... "he, I, or both of us will whip y'all sass in the rib cook-off!" ... should somebody call 911 for ya ???
biggrin.gif

Oh yea.. what site do you have so I can fill it in on first page ?? site 80 is open and site 86 is as well ...
LOL...ditto! are y'all gonna compete in the comp?

Sorry to hear you can't make it @TripleQ  , hope to see ya in the Fall!

Keith are you bringing your Ring Toss boards? I need to fix a leg on my cornhole boards and i'll bring those.

sounds good Steve... well.. most of it... I think you may of fell and hit your head tho.... "he, I, or both of us will whip y'all sass in the rib cook-off!" ... should somebody call 911 for ya ???
biggrin.gif

No need for 911,Keith, I have a pill for that!
yahoo.gif

Just bringing my tent.  Was planning on mooching a corner off someone else's spot and throwing some $$ into the general pot, as I've done in the past.
 From Doug -- LOL...ditto! are y'all gonna compete in the comp?
Yep!
th_INGardenbbq7.gif

YEAAAAA  BUDDY!!! (well...actually not physically geared at all i need to get ready to pack everything up LOL)

Is that your way of saying "I'm Running Late" ?? :biggrin:

On a side note... Van's bringing some fresh shrimp... Anybody have (and bringing) a propane burner and pot to do them in ??.. maybe throw some in a smoker .....

Went to Gordon's today and spent money. Decided to wait until last day to buy ribs, though.

So tell me a little about the comp. are we doing full spares, St. Louis, or baby backs? Full slab, 1/2 slab, or two slabs?

Going to start precooking tomorrow

Steve... there are no rules... do what you want... but we always make enough to share with the group.. not just the judges... will be 4-6 judges ...

Steve did Gordon's have plenty of Butts ?? Did you happen to look at the prices of them ??

Last edited:

No need for 911,Keith, I have a pill for that!
yahoo.gif

Just bringing my tent.  Was planning on mooching a corner off someone else's spot and throwing some $$ into the general pot, as I've done in the past.

Yep!
th_INGardenbbq7.gif
Steve - I have a spot that's right in the middle of it all and only have a 6-person tent and accessories.  I'm sure there is room for you on that site.  It's listed at the top of the thread.

Steve... there are no rules... do what you want... but we always make enough to share with the group.. not just the judges... will be 4-6 judges ...

Steve did Gordon's have plenty of Butts ?? Did you happen to look at the prices of them ??

$1.19 for bone in. Eye of Round $2.49! Shoulder $.99

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky