South Florida Spring Gathering - Apr. 28-30 W/Pics . ("You Missed It" )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There is a space in his user name

Try logging in with this

grumpa john

Last edited:
Didn't see my name on list of attendee, but the will be there Thursday, and my buddy Tony, will be joining me Friday evening.

Sorry. Tnny's work days were in flux and all messed up at the time, and be the time we knew if he could get off, it was too late. That reminds me, I still owe him $25 for his half of the entry fee that he gave me. LOL

Made some apple pie for the camp fire gatherings 
biggrin.gif

Day 4..........

will be perfect by the gathering weekend

Joe

Carol506 and I will be a total of 3 attending.  Maybe 4 if Carol can relent and tolerate their dog (young and active).  I'd like to know more about the "bragging rights" rib smokeoff as I intend to enter same (someone has to finish last

Sunday; Apr 2 - Lots of trouble logging in, but it looks as though I'm in the forum.  Regarding the bragging rights rib turn-in; will it be required to submit ribs in a bed of greens and styrofoam box is just ribs on a paper plate OK?

Last edited:
Hi John,

Your finally in! Welcome to the group.

Boykjo,

The last time I had some of that was New Years eve a few years back. I think I walked right thru Cuckoos campfire. I gotta watch my intake of that stuff, but I'll wear my fireproof shoes this time.

Craig

doug,

I have some nice dried pecan. If you need some fire wood, I can load some in the truck and bring some down

Made some apple pie for the camp fire gatherings 
biggrin.gif

Day 4..........

will be perfect by the gathering weekend

Joe
YUM!!! Can't wait

doug,

I have some nice dried pecan. If you need some fire wood, I can load some in the truck and bring some down
That would be awesome Joe if you have the room! 

Do you guys wanna do any kind of special cooking on my trailer? Piggy? Something we haven't' done before? 

As for the Bragging Rights Rib-off....usually what we do is aim to have the ribs done by Dinner time...since this sometimes elongates dinner with the setup and judging we could change it up and have ribs done by 1pm or so, what do yall thing? As for the rules...pretty simple...you can cook Spare or Baby Backs, anyway you want and have them done by the selected Turn-in time. In the past we have asked campers around us to do a blind judges of "favorite rib", and we tally up who gets teh most votes and usually have a 1st and 2nd place 

doug,

That would be awesome Joe if you have the room! 
My smoker burns very efficient about a stick every 45 minutes to hold 225 to 250. What's your rate of fuel consumption so I can figure what to bring for a good 14 to 16 hr smoke

A good old fashion pig pickin would be great. Anyone have reliable access to pigs?
We did one 2 years ago...not opposed to doing it again. Only issue is it kind of ties up my entire smoker the day we do it so if anyone wanted to use teh shared space it becomes limited. But if the groups wants to we can do it again. i have a connection to pigs up here but need to follow up as i learned recently they are offloading some of there pig raising to a neighboring farm and downsizing 

My smoker burns very efficient about a stick every 45 minutes to hold 225 to 250. What's your rate of fuel consumption so I can figure what to bring for a good 14 to 16 hr smoke
I'm about the same....1 stick every 45-60mins. i have plenty of Oak here so dont break your back if its added work for you bud

We did one 2 years ago...not opposed to doing it again. Only issue is it kind of ties up my entire smoker the day we do it so if anyone wanted to use teh shared space it becomes limited. But if the groups wants to we can do it again. i have a connection to pigs up here but need to follow up as i learned recently they are offloading some of there pig raising to a neighboring farm and downsizing 

I'm about the same....1 stick every 45-60mins. i have plenty of Oak here so dont break your back if its added work for you bud
No prob buddy, i was just remembering some good times sitting in front of a pig on a spit

Well folks, Things aren't going just right for me. I will not be able to make the trip to Florida this year. While I was visiting family in PA on my way home my truck had a catastrophic failure. The rear end locked up and busted the pinion, hogs head and transmission. Both need to be replaced. I seriously doubt I will have this repaired by then to tow the camper down. I have a camp site reserved so let me know if anyone wants it. I'll cancel when someone is ready to reserve. 

Hate it... Was looking forward to seeing everyone. 

Hopefully next year

Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky